SEND pupils in Manor Park benefit from new minibus gifted for school trips
- Credit: Archant
A school in Manor Park has been gifted a new accessible minibus which will ensure all of its pupils can participate in educational visits and recreational activities.
Essex Primary School staff and pupils received a new Variety Sunshine Coach from sponsors Canary Wharf Contractors Fund in partnership with the children's charity Variety.
Staff and pupils were handed the keys in a presentation at the school, with Variety CEO Frances Lang and chief barker Harold Tillman among the attendees.
It comes after the school was rated outstanding by Ofsted in its latest report published in May.
Essex Primary School currently has as 996 pupils aged three to 11, including 146 special educational needs and disability (SEND) children.
You may also want to watch:
The new coach will particularly benefit those who find public transport challenging, ensuring all pupils can participate in visits and activities outside of the school.
Headteacher Cecilia Mojzes said: "Having this minibus will enable the school to further enhance it's vision statement of 'everyone valued, everyone challenged and everyone achieving.'
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 10 Charity provides free breakfasts for 561 vulnerable families over half term
"Our most vulnerable pupils will greatly benefit from this resource as travelling arrangements will be more efficient and effective."