GCSE results: East London Science School principal ‘jubilant’ at pupils’ success
- Credit: Archant
A school principal has praised his pupils following their success in this year’s GCSE results.
David Perks, who is in charge at East London Science School in Three Mill Lane, Bromley by Bow, reported feeling jubilant at the grades.
Mr Perks said: “Our pupils should be really proud of their achievements. They have studied a range of rigorous academic subjects and have excelled across the board.
“I am particularly delighted that 10 of our pupils achieved straight 9s in the three separate sciences.”
He added that a special mention should go to Gabriel Perez-Pineda who scooped 9s in 11 of his subjects and Perdie Hibbins who achieved 9s in 10.
You may also want to watch:
“There is no doubt that these pupils will go on to do extraordinary things in the future,” he said.
Fellow pupil, Ammar Adam, achieved 9s in computer science, German and electronics.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 Secondary claims to be 'billion-pound school' based on earnings research
And Blossom Okparocha achieved 9s in computer science, astronomy and German while Esther James was awarded 9s in Latin, computer science and German.
“I wish all of our pupils the best of luck in their future,” Mr Perks said.