GCSE results: East London Science School principal ‘jubilant’ at pupils’ success
- Credit: Archant
A school principal has praised his pupils following their success in this year’s GCSE results.
David Perks, who is in charge at East London Science School in Three Mill Lane, Bromley by Bow, reported feeling jubilant at the grades.
Mr Perks said: “Our pupils should be really proud of their achievements. They have studied a range of rigorous academic subjects and have excelled across the board.
“I am particularly delighted that 10 of our pupils achieved straight 9s in the three separate sciences.”
He added that a special mention should go to Gabriel Perez-Pineda who scooped 9s in 11 of his subjects and Perdie Hibbins who achieved 9s in 10.
You may also want to watch:
“There is no doubt that these pupils will go on to do extraordinary things in the future,” he said.
Fellow pupil, Ammar Adam, achieved 9s in computer science, German and electronics.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 5 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 6 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 7 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate
- 8 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
And Blossom Okparocha achieved 9s in computer science, astronomy and German while Esther James was awarded 9s in Latin, computer science and German.
“I wish all of our pupils the best of luck in their future,” Mr Perks said.