GCSE results: East London Science School principal ‘jubilant’ at pupils’ success
- Credit: Archant
A school principal has praised his pupils following their success in this year’s GCSE results.
David Perks, who is in charge at East London Science School in Three Mill Lane, Bromley by Bow, reported feeling jubilant at the grades.
Mr Perks said: “Our pupils should be really proud of their achievements. They have studied a range of rigorous academic subjects and have excelled across the board.
“I am particularly delighted that 10 of our pupils achieved straight 9s in the three separate sciences.”
He added that a special mention should go to Gabriel Perez-Pineda who scooped 9s in 11 of his subjects and Perdie Hibbins who achieved 9s in 10.
“There is no doubt that these pupils will go on to do extraordinary things in the future,” he said.
Fellow pupil, Ammar Adam, achieved 9s in computer science, German and electronics.
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 3 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 4 Fire breaks out in Canning Town house
- 5 Police investigate fire at derelict Forest Gate church
- 6 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 7 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 8 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 9 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 10 Sixth form rated Outstanding in all categories by Ofsted
And Blossom Okparocha achieved 9s in computer science, astronomy and German while Esther James was awarded 9s in Latin, computer science and German.
“I wish all of our pupils the best of luck in their future,” Mr Perks said.