GCSE results: East London Science School principal ‘jubilant’ at pupils’ success
- Credit: Archant
A school principal has praised his pupils following their success in this year’s GCSE results.
David Perks, who is in charge at East London Science School in Three Mill Lane, Bromley by Bow, reported feeling jubilant at the grades.
Mr Perks said: “Our pupils should be really proud of their achievements. They have studied a range of rigorous academic subjects and have excelled across the board.
“I am particularly delighted that 10 of our pupils achieved straight 9s in the three separate sciences.”
He added that a special mention should go to Gabriel Perez-Pineda who scooped 9s in 11 of his subjects and Perdie Hibbins who achieved 9s in 10.
“There is no doubt that these pupils will go on to do extraordinary things in the future,” he said.
Fellow pupil, Ammar Adam, achieved 9s in computer science, German and electronics.
- 1 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 2 West Ham will add more after Cornet signing says Moyes
- 3 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 4 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
- 5 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 6 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
- 7 Boys locked up for murdering 14-year-old Fares Maatou
- 8 'Extremely hard': Mum donates Isla Caton's toys in act of kindness so 'her legacy lives on'
- 9 Clapton microbakery Charles Artisan Bread opens new site in Stratford
- 10 Motorist who 'appeared to be driving at other vehicles' in Essex arrested
And Blossom Okparocha achieved 9s in computer science, astronomy and German while Esther James was awarded 9s in Latin, computer science and German.
“I wish all of our pupils the best of luck in their future,” Mr Perks said.