A-levels: First cohort of East London Science School pupils collect results
- Credit: ELSS
The principal of East London Science School has praised the achievements of the school’s first cohort of A-level pupils.
Among the top achievers were Tasnima Khanom, who got an A* in English literature and As in biology and history, and Ola Abdulquadri, whose A grades in maths, physics and further maths will see him go on to King’s College to study computer science.
David Perks said: “In what has been a challenging year for everyone in education, I am very proud with what our Year 13s have achieved.
“The students have had to work really hard to get to this important moment in their lives.
“Some of these students have been with us since they were 11, when they joined the school in 2013 in the year we opened. They have made their mark.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish them the best of luck in the future.”
He added that staff have been helping and advising pupils all morning to ensure they can get a university place.
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 9 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections