Educational initiative launched for Newham students
- Credit: Archant
Ambitious college students have the opportunity to take part in an exciting new initiative.
Newham College, Sports & Business and West Ham United Football Foundation have joined forces to introduce the unique training programme will give local young people an exclusive opportunity to develop leadership skills whilst potentially earning at least £100 per week.
The purpose of the programme is to provide an accessible route to gaining work experience with world-class organisations in finance or business.
Spaces are available for 20 young adults to begin training this summer.
Joe Lyons, Chief Executive at West Ham United Foundation said: “It’s a fantastic programme to give local young people an opportunity to get experience behind them and to get them into employment that they wouldn’t normally get, without this partnership”.
You may also want to watch:
Chidera Eze, a current student, joined the first cohort on the programme will soon complete a Level 3 AAT Accounting Course.
She said: “It’s been great to acquire skills in coaching, mentoring and to meet inspirational business people. The work experience has really helped me to discover what I want to do in my career.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford
“I feel confident about getting a job in finance and I’ve learned a lot of transferable skills”.
The recruitment process is now underway for the next students to join the programme.
There will be an Open Day from 9.30am – 3.00pm on Tuesday 14th July at West Ham’s Bolelyn Ground, Green Street, Upton Park.
For more information email Khadijah.Soopee@newham.ac.uk or Sandra.Rashid@newham.ac.uk