GCSE results 2021: Education Links celebrates 'record-breaking' success
- Credit: Education Links
A school principal has praised youngsters' resilience after a "record-breaking" set of GCSE results.
Education Links - which has bases in East Ham, Plaistow and Stratford - reported that all students entered achieved at least one GCSE.
Of these, 49 per cent of passes were at grades nine to four, according to the school.
Principal Sandy Davies said: "I am so proud of what everyone has done, - students and staff worked so hard together, every family has supported their child and the outcomes are richly deserved."
Ms Davies added that for a group of young people who have not thrived in mainstream school, their individual triumphs are a testament to their resilience and to support that staff have given them.
This includes 16-year-old Cherome Nathaniel who earned five GCSEs or equivalents, including a grade 7 for food technology. This is among the highest grades ever achieved at the school.
All the school's students will now progress to further education courses.
- 1 West Ham United tie is big deal for Danes warns Reid
- 2 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 5 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- 6 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 7 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 8 We want everyone to contribute says Leyton Orient boss Wellens
- 9 NewVIc’s SU President reflects on first year at college: 'It's amazing for those who want to be here!'
- 10 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
Education Links works with youngsters referred by schools or the local authority who are difficult to place or are at risk or exclusion.
For more visit education-links.org/