GCSE results: Eastlea headteacher proud of pupils
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher of Eastlea Community School has said she is proud of the “reslilience and determination” of GCSE pupils.
Youngsters at the school joined their counterparts across the country in finding out their results yesterday (Thursday, August 20).
Top achievers included Andrei Nohai, who got eight 9s, an 8 and a 7, and was described as “a great ambassador for the year group”.
Nusrat Hossain and Fatiha Tabassum both secured a number of 9s each among their results, while Jennifer Morais was highlighted for the progress she has made, scoring an average of two grades above her target to get accepted into Brit School.
Staff also highlighted Shannon Sunshine, Diana Ilie and Mohsin Khan for making great progress during their time at school.
You may also want to watch:
Head of school Sarah Morgan said: “We are very proud to work with students who have shown great resilience and determination throughout their time at our school.”
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 8 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 9 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
- 10 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford