GCSE results: Eastlea headteacher proud of pupils
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher of Eastlea Community School has said she is proud of the “reslilience and determination” of GCSE pupils.
Youngsters at the school joined their counterparts across the country in finding out their results yesterday (Thursday, August 20).
Top achievers included Andrei Nohai, who got eight 9s, an 8 and a 7, and was described as “a great ambassador for the year group”.
Nusrat Hossain and Fatiha Tabassum both secured a number of 9s each among their results, while Jennifer Morais was highlighted for the progress she has made, scoring an average of two grades above her target to get accepted into Brit School.
Staff also highlighted Shannon Sunshine, Diana Ilie and Mohsin Khan for making great progress during their time at school.
Head of school Sarah Morgan said: “We are very proud to work with students who have shown great resilience and determination throughout their time at our school.”
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 3 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 4 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 8 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex