EastEnders’ star surprises Forest Gate students
EastEnders actor Matt Lapinskas surprised students in Forest Gate yesterday when he dropped by to learn how they tackle bullying at their school.
The actor, who may be better known as his character Anthony Moon, took time out of his busy training schedule for ITV’s Dancing on Ice to visit the Anti-Bullying Ambassadors of St Angela’s Ursuline School in Forest Gate.
The students attended an anti-bullying training day in July organised by the Diana Award who run a nationwide programme to coach over 4,000 ambassadors in around 600 schools in the UK.
The pupils then used their new skills to organise events for Anti-Bullying Week last month where they distributed booklets and encouraged a positive school environment by giving out inspirational cards and carrying out random acts of kindness towards others.
The students had no idea Matt would be dropping by and he was joined by Alex Holmes, a former victim of bullying who is the Diana Award anti-bullying programme manager.
You may also want to watch:
Alex said: “The Anti-Bullying Ambassadors at St Angela’s are a great example of how young people can come together to stop bullying.
“The Anti-Bullying Ambassadors programme gives young people the confidence and skills to ‘stand up to bullying’ and to help others who have experienced bullying.
- 1 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 2 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 3 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 4 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip
- 5 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 6 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 7 Hammers 'will keep fighting' says Fornals ahead of derby date
- 8 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
“Anti-Bullying Ambassadors support those who feel isolated and ensure their schools are happier and safer.”