East Ham student Kasia, 12, looks forward to seeing her designs on London catwalk
- Credit: Archant
A student from Brampton Academy will be displaying her creations at London Fashion Week among international designers, despite being just 12.
Kasia Fallan has been given a rare chance to display 10 of her dresses, some of which will be worn by Moscow model Natalia Espania at the Hilton in Paddington on September 13. The show will feature 15-16 designers and is being held in aid of The Prince’s Trust.
Kasia, who lives with her family in Rancliffe Road, East Ham, said: “It means a lot to me because I’ll be able to show what I can do. I’ve been creating things since I was about four when my granny taught me knitting. I then used YouTube and crafting magazines to enhance my skills such as crochet and sewing. My mum and dad bought me a sewing machine on my ninth birthday and started making dresses out of old pillow cases and stuff from skips.
“I’m very excited about my dresses being on a runway because I’ve spent a year making them and have never really had an opportunity like this. I’d like to be a fashion designer when I grow up and if not fashion then making things in general.
I’m nervous about being interviewed on TV but I’m grateful for the opportunity that Savita is giving me. I’d like to do more fashion shows after this and get better and better.”
Kasia was chosen to appear at the show by Savita Kaye, CEO of House of iKons, an international fashion house which aims to provide a platform for young and upcoming designers.
Savita, who has known Kasia’s father, Peter, for some time, said she offered her the chance to display her creations at the show after seeing her designs for the first time last year.
- 1 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 2 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 3 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 4 Manor Park blaze caused by the 'accidental ignition of textiles'
- 5 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 6 Woman injured after being hit by electric scooter in East Ham
- 7 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 8 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 9 Masked driver found guilty of Ilford murder jailed for 35 years
- 10 Man found on fire in East Ham park dies
She said: “She will be alongside international fashion designers and will get her 15 minutes. It is next to impossible (for someone of her age) but she is a young designer and it is her passion, her creativity and the way she has stitched her garments that stand out.”
Peter said: “Its a once-in-a-lifetime chance for her and I can’t believe she is going to be there to do this. She is very single minded and is really just taking it all in her stride. I am so proud of her.”