East Ham’s Caius joins Royal Opera House
It began with singing in the school choir and recorder lessons. Then came a performance in The Snowman and now Caius Wall has been chosen to become a member of the Royal Opera House youth opera company.
Caius, 11, from East Ham, was recently selected to join the panel and has already taken part in several of their performances.
Caius, a pupil at Brampton Manor Secondary school, starred in the New London Orchestra’s performance of ‘The Snowman’ alongside a screening of the animated film in early December. He was picked by the Newham Academy of Music to accompany the orchestra singing the well known and loved theme song ‘Walking In The Air’ as he is a confident, talented member of the Academy’s Junior Choir.
He said: “I felt positive. A little nervous at the beginning, but I began to gain confidence throughout the concert. When I was asked to perform the Snowman, I was thrilled that I had the opportunity to sing this amazing song. The Snowman is a wonderful piece and should be sung for many generations to come. I hope to sing again at Stratford Circus, and it’s been a such a great privilege to sing in it. I want to thank the New London Orchestra for being alongside me.”
Ronald Corp from the NLO said “We were delighted to have Caius sing with us at Stratford Circus. He sang ‘Walking In The Air’ beautifully. I hope Caius’s singing career goes from strength to strength”.
You may also want to watch:
Caius, a pupil at Brampton Manor Secondary School, has been having recorder and singing lessons with the Newham Academy of Music since 2008. His interest and enjoyment of singing began at Gallions Primary School where he was part of their choir.
He began playing piano when he was six and joined the Newham Academy of Music when he was eight. He was often asked to sing solo pieces at their Christmas concerts.
- 1 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 6 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 7 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 8 Newham housing association offers homes to Hackney Council with £10m price tag
- 9 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 10 Stratford dance and music hub gets £700k boost