East Ham music student talks on Persian TV alongside ‘Go Compare’ composer
A student from East Ham was picked to join the composer of the ‘Go Compare’ jingle on Persian television to talk about music technology.
Sam Anderson, known as ‘Sam Ande’ when he is composing, was chosen to talk about the increasingly important role technology plays in the work of freelance composition for audio-visual media - such as adverts - on Persian-language channel Manoto1.
Joining Sam on ‘The Tech Show’ was Stuart Wood, music composer for the ‘Go Compare’ adverts, Audi, and Shell amongst others, who was running a Digital Shoreditch workshop in his studio, which Sam attended.
Born and raised in East Ham, Sam is currently studying Music Production for Media at Ravensbourne University at Greenwich Peninsula.
Introduced to Stuart by a mutual friend on Twitter, Sam added: “I invited Stuart along to a Music Technology Festival at my uni where I met him for the first time and then I went to his advertising jingle workshop where the interview was filmed.
You may also want to watch:
“It was really exciting for us as the Persian-language channel has over 680,000 ‘likes’ on Facebook and it was my first TV appearance.”
View Sam’s interview at www.youtu.be/e1Z971e-EPc?t=4m54s and hear Sam’s work at www.SamAndeMusic.com.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 5 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 10 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation