East Ham music student talks on Persian TV alongside ‘Go Compare’ composer
A student from East Ham was picked to join the composer of the ‘Go Compare’ jingle on Persian television to talk about music technology.
Sam Anderson, known as ‘Sam Ande’ when he is composing, was chosen to talk about the increasingly important role technology plays in the work of freelance composition for audio-visual media - such as adverts - on Persian-language channel Manoto1.
Joining Sam on ‘The Tech Show’ was Stuart Wood, music composer for the ‘Go Compare’ adverts, Audi, and Shell amongst others, who was running a Digital Shoreditch workshop in his studio, which Sam attended.
Born and raised in East Ham, Sam is currently studying Music Production for Media at Ravensbourne University at Greenwich Peninsula.
Introduced to Stuart by a mutual friend on Twitter, Sam added: “I invited Stuart along to a Music Technology Festival at my uni where I met him for the first time and then I went to his advertising jingle workshop where the interview was filmed.
You may also want to watch:
“It was really exciting for us as the Persian-language channel has over 680,000 ‘likes’ on Facebook and it was my first TV appearance.”
View Sam’s interview at www.youtu.be/e1Z971e-EPc?t=4m54s and hear Sam’s work at www.SamAndeMusic.com.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 7 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 8 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 9 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 10 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving