East Ham music student talks on Persian TV alongside ‘Go Compare’ composer
A student from East Ham was picked to join the composer of the ‘Go Compare’ jingle on Persian television to talk about music technology.
Sam Anderson, known as ‘Sam Ande’ when he is composing, was chosen to talk about the increasingly important role technology plays in the work of freelance composition for audio-visual media - such as adverts - on Persian-language channel Manoto1.
Joining Sam on ‘The Tech Show’ was Stuart Wood, music composer for the ‘Go Compare’ adverts, Audi, and Shell amongst others, who was running a Digital Shoreditch workshop in his studio, which Sam attended.
Born and raised in East Ham, Sam is currently studying Music Production for Media at Ravensbourne University at Greenwich Peninsula.
Introduced to Stuart by a mutual friend on Twitter, Sam added: “I invited Stuart along to a Music Technology Festival at my uni where I met him for the first time and then I went to his advertising jingle workshop where the interview was filmed.
You may also want to watch:
“It was really exciting for us as the Persian-language channel has over 680,000 ‘likes’ on Facebook and it was my first TV appearance.”
View Sam’s interview at www.youtu.be/e1Z971e-EPc?t=4m54s and hear Sam’s work at www.SamAndeMusic.com.
- 1 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 2 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 3 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 4 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Campaigners stage River Thames protest over Silvertown Tunnel
- 7 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 8 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 9 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 10 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover