East Ham health staff recieve special commnendation
- Credit: Archant
Health staff who pulled out all the stops when a fire broke out at a care centre received a special commendation during an awards ceremony.
There was a special commendation for staff from East Ham Care Centre for their response when a fire broke out in one of the wards in April this year.
Presenting the award to staff, Chief Executive Dr Robert Dolan said that such events were thankfully rare but frightening and upsetting for those involved. He acknowledged the tremendous response from staff on duty and those off duty who came straight to the unit to help when they heard. He said he felt proud to have such high calibre staff in the Trust.
The team were among teams from Newham which received no less than six awards out of twelve at the East London NHS Foundation Trust’s Staff Awards Ceremony. The recent event was attended by over 750 staff and guests including MP for West Ham, Lyn Brown and Rushanara Ali, MP for Bethnal Green and Bow. The Trust received over 200 nominations for individuals and teams from across the Trust.
Chair of the Trust, Marie Gabriel and Chief Executive Dr Robert Dolan said that all staff made a positive difference to people’s lives and everyone, whatever their role, played a part in the patient’s journey. The Staff Awards ceremony was to acknowledge the passion and dedication of staff and to say thank you to all staff for their consistent hard work and commitment.
You may also want to watch:
Other award winners included Khalil Budaly, an Administrator on Ruby Ward Triage at the Newham Centre for Mental Health who was rendered speechless when he heard his name read out and Brigitte Wilkinson who works in the Newham Child and Family Consultation Service. She was singled out for her enthusiasm and the way she empowers staff to develop their abilities.
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 5 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 10 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend