East Ham health staff recieve special commnendation
- Credit: Archant
Health staff who pulled out all the stops when a fire broke out at a care centre received a special commendation during an awards ceremony.
There was a special commendation for staff from East Ham Care Centre for their response when a fire broke out in one of the wards in April this year.
Presenting the award to staff, Chief Executive Dr Robert Dolan said that such events were thankfully rare but frightening and upsetting for those involved. He acknowledged the tremendous response from staff on duty and those off duty who came straight to the unit to help when they heard. He said he felt proud to have such high calibre staff in the Trust.
The team were among teams from Newham which received no less than six awards out of twelve at the East London NHS Foundation Trust’s Staff Awards Ceremony. The recent event was attended by over 750 staff and guests including MP for West Ham, Lyn Brown and Rushanara Ali, MP for Bethnal Green and Bow. The Trust received over 200 nominations for individuals and teams from across the Trust.
Chair of the Trust, Marie Gabriel and Chief Executive Dr Robert Dolan said that all staff made a positive difference to people’s lives and everyone, whatever their role, played a part in the patient’s journey. The Staff Awards ceremony was to acknowledge the passion and dedication of staff and to say thank you to all staff for their consistent hard work and commitment.
Other award winners included Khalil Budaly, an Administrator on Ruby Ward Triage at the Newham Centre for Mental Health who was rendered speechless when he heard his name read out and Brigitte Wilkinson who works in the Newham Child and Family Consultation Service. She was singled out for her enthusiasm and the way she empowers staff to develop their abilities.
- 1 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 2 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 3 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 4 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 5 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 6 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Covid-19: How the situation in Newham compares to this time last year
- 9 Beckton man jailed for role in drugs gang after £2m cannabis plants seizure
- 10 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home