Drop-in event for prospective students
Prospective students can find out more about Newham’s new multi-million pound sixth form centre during a drop in event on Saturday.
Newham Collegiate Sixth Form Centre will be completed in time to accept its first intake in September and will offer a curriculum focused on mathematics and science.
Saturday’s event will be held at the town hall from 11am to 2pm, ahead of applications closing next Friday.
The centre, based on the site of the old technical college in East Ham, has been joint founded by Newham Council and nine schools in the borough.
Nine new laboratories will be available alongside a specialist mathematics centre and a wide extra-curriculum programme.
You may also want to watch:
Sir Robin Wales, Mayor of Newham, said: “We’re committed to providing our students with a first-class learning environment and the tools to achieve their potential.
“This new centre will complement our existing education offer in the borough and be a gateway for Newham students to enhance their study or employment as well as broaden their knowledge and skills.”
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 9 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
Principal Mr Mouhssin Ismail added: “We’re excited to be opening this new sixth form centre and have already received a large number of applications.”