Drop-in event for prospective students
Prospective students can find out more about Newham’s new multi-million pound sixth form centre during a drop in event on Saturday.
Newham Collegiate Sixth Form Centre will be completed in time to accept its first intake in September and will offer a curriculum focused on mathematics and science.
Saturday’s event will be held at the town hall from 11am to 2pm, ahead of applications closing next Friday.
The centre, based on the site of the old technical college in East Ham, has been joint founded by Newham Council and nine schools in the borough.
Nine new laboratories will be available alongside a specialist mathematics centre and a wide extra-curriculum programme.
You may also want to watch:
Sir Robin Wales, Mayor of Newham, said: “We’re committed to providing our students with a first-class learning environment and the tools to achieve their potential.
“This new centre will complement our existing education offer in the borough and be a gateway for Newham students to enhance their study or employment as well as broaden their knowledge and skills.”
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 4 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 5 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
Principal Mr Mouhssin Ismail added: “We’re excited to be opening this new sixth form centre and have already received a large number of applications.”