Dragon’s Den judge Peter Jones to open Newham College academy
Dragon’s Den judge Peter Jones is to open one of his business academies at Newham College in the next academic year.
Students with the ambition of forging a career in business will be able to enrol on specialist courses from September 2012.
The college will be the east London base for the Peter Jones Enterprise Academy, set up by the businessman and TV personality in 2009.
Principal Denise Brown-Sackey said: “We’re a college that specialises in supporting enterprise and we’re in a borough that has regeneration opportunities.
“We have a lot to offer Peter Jones’s academy and we’re happy that we’ve been selected.”
The college as a business support arm that supports business development and skills. It also has a Women’s Business Centre and the Fashion and Textile Museum.
College executive director Geoff Crook will lead the project. He appealed for local businesses to help mentor students. To help, contact 020 8257 4446 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 3 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 10 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies