Dragon’s Den judge Peter Jones to open Newham College academy
Dragon’s Den judge Peter Jones is to open one of his business academies at Newham College in the next academic year.
Students with the ambition of forging a career in business will be able to enrol on specialist courses from September 2012.
The college will be the east London base for the Peter Jones Enterprise Academy, set up by the businessman and TV personality in 2009.
Principal Denise Brown-Sackey said: “We’re a college that specialises in supporting enterprise and we’re in a borough that has regeneration opportunities.
“We have a lot to offer Peter Jones’s academy and we’re happy that we’ve been selected.”
You may also want to watch:
The college as a business support arm that supports business development and skills. It also has a Women’s Business Centre and the Fashion and Textile Museum.
College executive director Geoff Crook will lead the project. He appealed for local businesses to help mentor students. To help, contact 020 8257 4446 or email email@example.com
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 4 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 5 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 6 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020