Dragon’s Den judge Peter Jones to open Newham College academy
Dragon’s Den judge Peter Jones is to open one of his business academies at Newham College in the next academic year.
Students with the ambition of forging a career in business will be able to enrol on specialist courses from September 2012.
The college will be the east London base for the Peter Jones Enterprise Academy, set up by the businessman and TV personality in 2009.
Principal Denise Brown-Sackey said: “We’re a college that specialises in supporting enterprise and we’re in a borough that has regeneration opportunities.
“We have a lot to offer Peter Jones’s academy and we’re happy that we’ve been selected.”
You may also want to watch:
The college as a business support arm that supports business development and skills. It also has a Women’s Business Centre and the Fashion and Textile Museum.
College executive director Geoff Crook will lead the project. He appealed for local businesses to help mentor students. To help, contact 020 8257 4446 or email email@example.com
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate
- 6 Covid funding boost for Newham homeless and young people charities
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 West Ham reach Continental Cup last four with win over Durham