Dragon’s Den judge Peter Jones to open Newham College academy
Dragon’s Den judge Peter Jones is to open one of his business academies at Newham College in the next academic year.
Students with the ambition of forging a career in business will be able to enrol on specialist courses from September 2012.
The college will be the east London base for the Peter Jones Enterprise Academy, set up by the businessman and TV personality in 2009.
Principal Denise Brown-Sackey said: “We’re a college that specialises in supporting enterprise and we’re in a borough that has regeneration opportunities.
“We have a lot to offer Peter Jones’s academy and we’re happy that we’ve been selected.”
You may also want to watch:
The college as a business support arm that supports business development and skills. It also has a Women’s Business Centre and the Fashion and Textile Museum.
College executive director Geoff Crook will lead the project. He appealed for local businesses to help mentor students. To help, contact 020 8257 4446 or email email@example.com
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 5 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 8 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 9 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 10 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families