Dragon’s Den judge Peter Jones to open Newham College academy
Dragon’s Den judge Peter Jones is to open one of his business academies at Newham College in the next academic year.
Students with the ambition of forging a career in business will be able to enrol on specialist courses from September 2012.
The college will be the east London base for the Peter Jones Enterprise Academy, set up by the businessman and TV personality in 2009.
Principal Denise Brown-Sackey said: “We’re a college that specialises in supporting enterprise and we’re in a borough that has regeneration opportunities.
“We have a lot to offer Peter Jones’s academy and we’re happy that we’ve been selected.”
You may also want to watch:
The college as a business support arm that supports business development and skills. It also has a Women’s Business Centre and the Fashion and Textile Museum.
College executive director Geoff Crook will lead the project. He appealed for local businesses to help mentor students. To help, contact 020 8257 4446 or email email@example.com
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 6 Half of people in Newham may have had Covid-19, analysis reveals
- 7 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 8 'Kindly keep out of Stratford': Johnson criticised over cycling trip
- 9 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 10 Deputy chairperson of Newham Council suspended by Labour Party