Diver Troy Dumais makes a splash at University of East London in Stratford
Olympic diver Troy Dumais paid a special visit to the University of East London’s Stratford campus last week.
The Team USA veteran, who represented his country in the 2000, 2004 and 2008 Olympic Games, took time out from his busy schedule to speak to NewVIc College students.
He recounted his experiences of competing in the three events and spoke of how he got into diving in the first place.
Troy also met with sports science students to tell of the importance of psychological preparation when taking part in major competitions.
He said: “I can’t wait for the Olympic Games.
You may also want to watch:
“I think it’s going to be the best Olympics ever and it will be a great honour to represent the United States in London.”
UEL’s Docklands and Stratford campuses will be Team USA’s main base for athlete training, performance services and catering and media operations.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 8 East Ham Central welcomes new Labour councillor
- 9 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 10 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries