Diver Troy Dumais makes a splash at University of East London in Stratford
Olympic diver Troy Dumais paid a special visit to the University of East London’s Stratford campus last week.
The Team USA veteran, who represented his country in the 2000, 2004 and 2008 Olympic Games, took time out from his busy schedule to speak to NewVIc College students.
He recounted his experiences of competing in the three events and spoke of how he got into diving in the first place.
Troy also met with sports science students to tell of the importance of psychological preparation when taking part in major competitions.
He said: “I can’t wait for the Olympic Games.
“I think it’s going to be the best Olympics ever and it will be a great honour to represent the United States in London.”
UEL’s Docklands and Stratford campuses will be Team USA’s main base for athlete training, performance services and catering and media operations.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett hoping to strengthen squad
- 3 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 Beckton children’s hospice given £5k to replace stolen garden equipment
- 9 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 10 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats