Diver Troy Dumais makes a splash at University of East London in Stratford
Olympic diver Troy Dumais paid a special visit to the University of East London’s Stratford campus last week.
The Team USA veteran, who represented his country in the 2000, 2004 and 2008 Olympic Games, took time out from his busy schedule to speak to NewVIc College students.
He recounted his experiences of competing in the three events and spoke of how he got into diving in the first place.
Troy also met with sports science students to tell of the importance of psychological preparation when taking part in major competitions.
He said: “I can’t wait for the Olympic Games.
You may also want to watch:
“I think it’s going to be the best Olympics ever and it will be a great honour to represent the United States in London.”
UEL’s Docklands and Stratford campuses will be Team USA’s main base for athlete training, performance services and catering and media operations.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 Secondary claims to be 'billion-pound school' based on earnings research