Diamond Jubilee: Old East End community comes out at Plaistow’s New City Primary
Youngsters at New City Primary school had such fun at their Jubilee party that they did not want to go home at the end of the day.
Staff at the Plaistow school arrived early to prepare the premises for a day that was full of fun for children and adults.
There was fancy dress, bouncy castles as well as face painting followed by a special Diamond Jubilee picnic prepared by the school’s catering staff.
The party concluded with singing Rule Britannia and God Save The Queen and the release of several hundred red, white and blue balloons.
Local councillors and a Pearly King and Queen joined the celebrations at the school’s two playgrounds.
You may also want to watch:
Helen Matthews, from the school, said it was a memorable occasion for everyone. She said the children did not want to go home at the end of the day while some of the older guests said it felt like there was a proper East End community spirit.
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 5 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 10 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash