Diamond Jubilee: Old East End community comes out at Plaistow’s New City Primary
Youngsters at New City Primary school had such fun at their Jubilee party that they did not want to go home at the end of the day.
Staff at the Plaistow school arrived early to prepare the premises for a day that was full of fun for children and adults.
There was fancy dress, bouncy castles as well as face painting followed by a special Diamond Jubilee picnic prepared by the school’s catering staff.
The party concluded with singing Rule Britannia and God Save The Queen and the release of several hundred red, white and blue balloons.
Local councillors and a Pearly King and Queen joined the celebrations at the school’s two playgrounds.
You may also want to watch:
Helen Matthews, from the school, said it was a memorable occasion for everyone. She said the children did not want to go home at the end of the day while some of the older guests said it felt like there was a proper East End community spirit.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property