Diamond Jubilee: Old East End community comes out at Plaistow’s New City Primary
Youngsters at New City Primary school had such fun at their Jubilee party that they did not want to go home at the end of the day.
Staff at the Plaistow school arrived early to prepare the premises for a day that was full of fun for children and adults.
There was fancy dress, bouncy castles as well as face painting followed by a special Diamond Jubilee picnic prepared by the school’s catering staff.
The party concluded with singing Rule Britannia and God Save The Queen and the release of several hundred red, white and blue balloons.
Local councillors and a Pearly King and Queen joined the celebrations at the school’s two playgrounds.
You may also want to watch:
Helen Matthews, from the school, said it was a memorable occasion for everyone. She said the children did not want to go home at the end of the day while some of the older guests said it felt like there was a proper East End community spirit.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Campaigners stage River Thames protest over Silvertown Tunnel