Diamond Jubilee: Can you spot yourself in our picture gallery?
Cake has been eaten, the bunting taken down, the tables have been returned - and lasting memories were made.
The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee was celebrated in style all over the borough showing a real reflection of the spirit, humour, community and diversity of Newham.
Rain failed to dampen the smell of barbecues sizzling away, while more traditional parties lined the roads with tables laden with Victoria Sponges and trifle, and elsewhere everyone brought a dish, sometimes from their native countries, to share with others.
Residents took up the opportunity to dress up in red, white, and blue with enthusiasm, while younger ones paraded around as Kings and Queens for the day - one young man even dressed up as The Queen herself in Pelly Road, Plaistow.
Children were the focus of attention at many parties, and in many schools, taking part in talent shows, special assemblies, Punch & Judy shows, and drawing pictures in Bluebell Ave, Manor Park, illustrating why they love living in Newham.
You may also want to watch:
Generations came together to toast 60 years of Elizabeth II’s reign in Ling Road and Ravenscroft Road in Canning Town proving that community spirit is alive and well.
As well as having the privilege to attend many parties ourselves, generous readers have also shared their photographs with us so the Recorder has gathered a selection here in our online picture gallery.
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Sir David Amess remembered as 'loved husband, father, MP and St Bon's boy'
- 7 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 8 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 9 Candle causes Stratford flat fire which saw two people in hospital
- 10 Gallions Reach chef to be judged by Michel Roux Jr as finalist for prestigious title
Can you spot yourself, your party, your friends or your family in one of them - and relive personal memories of a national celebration?