Revealed: The best performing secondary schools in Newham
- Credit: Archant
Newham’s Brampton Manor Academy and Forest Gate Community School have been named in the top 50 performing schools nationally.
Today (Thursday) the Department for Education (DforE) published secondary school league tables, featuring the results of students sitting GCSEs in English and maths last year.
The tables use raw GCSE results and a raft of data from the DforE to evaluate how well pupils progress in a school since starting in secondary school and sitting their exams – resulting in Progress 8 and Attainment 8 scores.
Progress 8 scores are centred around 0, with most schools within the range of -1 to +1. The data shows how many schools have missed the government’s floor standard of -0.1.
With a Progress 8 Score of +1.13, the value added score of pupils at Brampton Manor from primary school to GCSE is the highest in Newham, while Forest Gate (1.01) is the second highest.
You may also want to watch:
Overall performance at end of key stage 4 in 2018 (Progress 8):
‘Well above average’:
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 9 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 10 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
Brampton Manor Academy: 1.13
Forest Gate Community School: 1.01
Plashet School: 0.79
Sarah Bonnell School: 0.58
School 21: 0.47
Little Ilford School: 0.43
Langdon Academy: 0.41
Chobham Academy: 0.37
St Angela’s Ursuline School: 0.35
Lister Community School: 0.27
Kingsford Community School: 0.17
St Bonaventure’s RC School: 0.08
Stratford School Academy: 0.04
Rokeby School: 0.01
Eastlea Community School: -0.21
East London Science School: -0.26
Royal Docks Academy: -0.24
The Cumberland School: -0.43
No data is available for independent schools or schools which did not have pupils sit GCSEs this year.