Revealed: The best performing secondary schools in Newham
- Credit: Archant
Newham’s Brampton Manor Academy and Forest Gate Community School have been named in the top 50 performing schools nationally.
Today (Thursday) the Department for Education (DforE) published secondary school league tables, featuring the results of students sitting GCSEs in English and maths last year.
The tables use raw GCSE results and a raft of data from the DforE to evaluate how well pupils progress in a school since starting in secondary school and sitting their exams – resulting in Progress 8 and Attainment 8 scores.
Progress 8 scores are centred around 0, with most schools within the range of -1 to +1. The data shows how many schools have missed the government’s floor standard of -0.1.
With a Progress 8 Score of +1.13, the value added score of pupils at Brampton Manor from primary school to GCSE is the highest in Newham, while Forest Gate (1.01) is the second highest.
You may also want to watch:
Overall performance at end of key stage 4 in 2018 (Progress 8):
‘Well above average’:
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 3 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 4 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 5 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 6 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 7 92 arrests as police respond to community concerns about crime
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 Pressure mounts on town hall with second Stratford Circus protest
- 10 Neighbours call for mortuary car wash plans to be reversed
Brampton Manor Academy: 1.13
Forest Gate Community School: 1.01
Plashet School: 0.79
Sarah Bonnell School: 0.58
School 21: 0.47
Little Ilford School: 0.43
Langdon Academy: 0.41
Chobham Academy: 0.37
St Angela’s Ursuline School: 0.35
Lister Community School: 0.27
Kingsford Community School: 0.17
St Bonaventure’s RC School: 0.08
Stratford School Academy: 0.04
Rokeby School: 0.01
Eastlea Community School: -0.21
East London Science School: -0.26
Royal Docks Academy: -0.24
The Cumberland School: -0.43
No data is available for independent schools or schools which did not have pupils sit GCSEs this year.