Custom House school helps students get more than £800k worth of private sixth form education
- Credit: Kelly Clark
A Custom House secondary school is helping its pupils access private education worth hundreds of thousands of pounds.
Royal Docks Academy is using its links with private schools to help high-flying pupils apply for sixth form scholarships - and £822,464 worth of free schooling has been given to its students.
One place each year is reserved at Felsted School in Essex for a Royal Docks Academy pupil and “many others” secure places at other private schools, the school said.
Assistant headteacher Justin Hopgood said: “Private schools are full of children with straight As, so they need to not only have exemplary academic records, but also have a little something about them. It’s about more than just top grades.”
Last year’s head girl Agne Pasvanskaite, who got a place at Felsted, said: “I had some initial reservations about applying to Felsted as it meant moving away from home, but now I’m here I do feel so fortunate to have been given this life-changing opportunity.”
You may also want to watch:
In September Year 11 student Georgie Bristow will head to Felsted School, while Mahim Chaudery and Milot Dvorani have got places to study at Colfe’s School in Greenwich.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
- 9 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 10 Knife-carrying teenager arrested after running from cops