Custom House pupils enjoy sports festival at Olympic venue
- Credit: Ady Kerry
Pupils from a Custom House school were treated to a glimpse of Olympic life last week when they took part in a fun sports event at one of the London 2012 venues.
Children in Years 3 and 4 at Rosetta Primary School in Sophia Road enjoyed free hockey and tennis coaching sessions at Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre as part of the Schools Festival.
Around 500 children took part in the annual event and 50 primary schools were involved, representing every London borough as well as Hertfordshire and Essex.
The children enjoyed coaching in quicksticks, a four-a-side hockey taster, and mini tennis.
The festival was hosted by the Lee Valley Regional Park Authority in partnership with venue operators Lee Valley Leisure Trust.
You may also want to watch:
“It was great to see so many youngsters from across the region following in the footsteps of sporting stars and playing tennis and hockey here,” said Derrick Ashley, Lee Valley Regional Park Authority chairman.
“Uniquely among world class sports venues, anyone can play on the pitches and courts at the centre which runs many introductory sessions to encourage new participants to get involved.”
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Arsenal's game in hand with West Ham set for April 28
- 6 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 7 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Campaigners stage River Thames protest over Silvertown Tunnel
To book activities and for more information on the centre, including available coaching sessions, visit visitleevalley.org.uk