Custom House pupils enjoy sports festival at Olympic venue
- Credit: Ady Kerry
Pupils from a Custom House school were treated to a glimpse of Olympic life last week when they took part in a fun sports event at one of the London 2012 venues.
Children in Years 3 and 4 at Rosetta Primary School in Sophia Road enjoyed free hockey and tennis coaching sessions at Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre as part of the Schools Festival.
Around 500 children took part in the annual event and 50 primary schools were involved, representing every London borough as well as Hertfordshire and Essex.
The children enjoyed coaching in quicksticks, a four-a-side hockey taster, and mini tennis.
The festival was hosted by the Lee Valley Regional Park Authority in partnership with venue operators Lee Valley Leisure Trust.
You may also want to watch:
“It was great to see so many youngsters from across the region following in the footsteps of sporting stars and playing tennis and hockey here,” said Derrick Ashley, Lee Valley Regional Park Authority chairman.
“Uniquely among world class sports venues, anyone can play on the pitches and courts at the centre which runs many introductory sessions to encourage new participants to get involved.”
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 5 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 10 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
To book activities and for more information on the centre, including available coaching sessions, visit visitleevalley.org.uk