Custom House cheerleaders looking for fresh talent
Custom House champions Ascension Eagles Cheerleaders are looking for new recruits to join the team.
Normally, new cheerleaders prepare for tryouts during summer training camps but, due to the Olympic Games, aspiring athletes are invited to train now for next season.
Director Angela Green said: “We need girls and boys ages seven to 10, and have limited spaces for ages 11 to 14, since people tend to stay and grow up with AEC.
“Participation in these tryout workshops will help build skills for an exciting season of regional, national, and international competition, while also providing leadership and lifeskill development opportunities.”
Now in their 16th year, AEC were ranked fifth in the 2012 Cheerleading World Championships, have been selected to provide performers for the 2012 Games, and Big Talk are in the process of making a film about them.
You may also want to watch:
Angela added: “Guys and girls are often ready to retire from gymnastics in their mid-teens, and find they love competitive cheerleading.
“It is fun for them to transfer their advanced tumbling skills into team sport, and competing at Worlds alongside 40 other nations is an amazing experience.”
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 3 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 8 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 9 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 10 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
Tryout workshops run on Wednesdays from May 30 to June 20 from 5.30pm to 7pm at Talent Central, Gallions Reach Shopping Park.
More information can be found by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 07866616210.