Custom House cheerleaders looking for fresh talent
Custom House champions Ascension Eagles Cheerleaders are looking for new recruits to join the team.
Normally, new cheerleaders prepare for tryouts during summer training camps but, due to the Olympic Games, aspiring athletes are invited to train now for next season.
Director Angela Green said: “We need girls and boys ages seven to 10, and have limited spaces for ages 11 to 14, since people tend to stay and grow up with AEC.
“Participation in these tryout workshops will help build skills for an exciting season of regional, national, and international competition, while also providing leadership and lifeskill development opportunities.”
Now in their 16th year, AEC were ranked fifth in the 2012 Cheerleading World Championships, have been selected to provide performers for the 2012 Games, and Big Talk are in the process of making a film about them.
You may also want to watch:
Angela added: “Guys and girls are often ready to retire from gymnastics in their mid-teens, and find they love competitive cheerleading.
“It is fun for them to transfer their advanced tumbling skills into team sport, and competing at Worlds alongside 40 other nations is an amazing experience.”
- 1 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 2 Restored Victorian warehouse in Stratford to become dance and music hub
- 3 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 4 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 5 Three teenagers arrested after boy, 16, found stabbed in East Village
- 6 Why musician swapped working with pop stars to teaching Newham pupils
- 7 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 8 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 9 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 10 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
Tryout workshops run on Wednesdays from May 30 to June 20 from 5.30pm to 7pm at Talent Central, Gallions Reach Shopping Park.
More information can be found by emailing email@example.com or by calling 07866616210.