Creative Stratford college celebrates first annual awards evening
- Credit: Archant
Celebrations will be taking place for the East London Arts & Music Academy this week with their first annual awards evening.
The academy, which aims to develop the next generation of young creative and business talent, will be handing out awards and holding performances at Stratford Circus on Thursday.
ELAM, a free school, funded by the department of education, first opened its doors in Pitchford Street, Stratford, in September.
Principal, Charlie Kennard, says the event, gives trainees the opportunity to showcase their skills and talents.
He said: “It is a celebration of ELAM and everything we have achieved over the last year.
You may also want to watch:
“The whole event is about our trainees and their achievements and overall it is going to be a really good night.”
The event will also be playing host to a mystery of celebrity guests from the music industry, including,Will Kennard, one half of production duo Chase & Status, and a governor of the school.
- 1 Letter: Targeted response in London to Indian Covid variant
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 4 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 5 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 8 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 9 West Ham boss Moyes not giving up on European dream despite Brighton draw
- 10 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
The head added: “We can’t confirm our whole list of guests we are expected to welcome but we are very lucky to have such strong links within the industry.”
On the night, guests can look forward to eight performances that have been put together by students.
Mr Kennard added: “The night is all about our students.
“The ceremony itself will be hosted by a trainee and there will be a variety of performances that will be showcased by trainees.”
During the ceremony, a variety of awards will be given out to current trainees which take inspiration from the school’s five values.
These include, innovation, collaboration, excellence, integrity and drive.
There will also be awards for individual successes over the last year.
Mr Kennard said: “There will be musical awards but also awards based on maths, English and science, so there will be a good mix during the event.
“Even though we are music disciplined, we also focus on other subjects which will also be highlighted during the ceremony.”
The ceremony will also be open to the public.
“It is going to be a fun night with a lot of talent on show,” Mr Kennard said.
“It will give trainees a chance to show how much they have developed over the year. The event is first of all a celebration of our school and where we have reached over the last year as well as celebrating the exciting plans we have lined up for the future.”
ELAM’s Industry Academy Awards Ceremony takes place at Stratford Circus on Thursday from 7pm. Visit stratford-circus.com for information.