Couple chosen to run Olympic Park daycare nursery in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
An enterprising local couple have been chosen to run a new daycare nursery opening this summer in the Olympic Park.
The Little Bear’s nursery, situated in East Village - formerly the Athletes’ Village - will provide places for up to 80 babies, toddlers, and young children as well as creating around 20 full-time and six part-time jobs.
Opening in August, it will be the third venture for owners Lee and Seonaidh O’Neill who already run two Little Bear’s nurseries in Wanstead, with their first one achieving an ‘Outstanding’ rating from Ofsted.
The Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA), which was responsible for the construction of the site in Stratford, plans to open the nursery in August in time for the new families due to move in but the centre will also offer places for children already living in the area.
Manager Seonaidh, who worked as a teacher for 10 years, said: “We have caring and dedicated staff at our nurseries, and will be bringing the same high standards of care to Little Bear’s at East Village.
You may also want to watch:
“The facility has been designed to the highest standards for a nursery and we can’t wait to open.”
The Little Bear’s nursery will run an all-day service from 7.30am to 6.30pm from the same building as all-through school Chobham Academy.
- 1 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 4 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 5 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Silvertown, North Woolwich heritage project offers opportunity to history buff
- 8 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 9 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
The site has been purpose-built as a nursery with light spaces, an outdoor area, a shaded canpoy, and a garden.
For enquiries about places at Little Bear’s, email firstname.lastname@example.org.