Couple chosen to run Olympic Park daycare nursery in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
An enterprising local couple have been chosen to run a new daycare nursery opening this summer in the Olympic Park.
The Little Bear’s nursery, situated in East Village - formerly the Athletes’ Village - will provide places for up to 80 babies, toddlers, and young children as well as creating around 20 full-time and six part-time jobs.
Opening in August, it will be the third venture for owners Lee and Seonaidh O’Neill who already run two Little Bear’s nurseries in Wanstead, with their first one achieving an ‘Outstanding’ rating from Ofsted.
The Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA), which was responsible for the construction of the site in Stratford, plans to open the nursery in August in time for the new families due to move in but the centre will also offer places for children already living in the area.
Manager Seonaidh, who worked as a teacher for 10 years, said: “We have caring and dedicated staff at our nurseries, and will be bringing the same high standards of care to Little Bear’s at East Village.
You may also want to watch:
“The facility has been designed to the highest standards for a nursery and we can’t wait to open.”
The Little Bear’s nursery will run an all-day service from 7.30am to 6.30pm from the same building as all-through school Chobham Academy.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 4 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 5 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 8 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
The site has been purpose-built as a nursery with light spaces, an outdoor area, a shaded canpoy, and a garden.
For enquiries about places at Little Bear’s, email email@example.com.