Couple chosen to run Olympic Park daycare nursery in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
An enterprising local couple have been chosen to run a new daycare nursery opening this summer in the Olympic Park.
The Little Bear’s nursery, situated in East Village - formerly the Athletes’ Village - will provide places for up to 80 babies, toddlers, and young children as well as creating around 20 full-time and six part-time jobs.
Opening in August, it will be the third venture for owners Lee and Seonaidh O’Neill who already run two Little Bear’s nurseries in Wanstead, with their first one achieving an ‘Outstanding’ rating from Ofsted.
The Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA), which was responsible for the construction of the site in Stratford, plans to open the nursery in August in time for the new families due to move in but the centre will also offer places for children already living in the area.
Manager Seonaidh, who worked as a teacher for 10 years, said: “We have caring and dedicated staff at our nurseries, and will be bringing the same high standards of care to Little Bear’s at East Village.
“The facility has been designed to the highest standards for a nursery and we can’t wait to open.”
The Little Bear’s nursery will run an all-day service from 7.30am to 6.30pm from the same building as all-through school Chobham Academy.
- 1 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 2 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 3 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 4 Manor Park blaze caused by the 'accidental ignition of textiles'
- 5 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 6 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 7 Woman injured after being hit by electric scooter in East Ham
- 8 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 9 Man found on fire in East Ham park dies
- 10 Manor Park blaze: 100 firefighters get tower block fire under control
The site has been purpose-built as a nursery with light spaces, an outdoor area, a shaded canpoy, and a garden.
For enquiries about places at Little Bear’s, email firstname.lastname@example.org.