Couple chosen to run Olympic Park daycare nursery in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
An enterprising local couple have been chosen to run a new daycare nursery opening this summer in the Olympic Park.
The Little Bear’s nursery, situated in East Village - formerly the Athletes’ Village - will provide places for up to 80 babies, toddlers, and young children as well as creating around 20 full-time and six part-time jobs.
Opening in August, it will be the third venture for owners Lee and Seonaidh O’Neill who already run two Little Bear’s nurseries in Wanstead, with their first one achieving an ‘Outstanding’ rating from Ofsted.
The Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA), which was responsible for the construction of the site in Stratford, plans to open the nursery in August in time for the new families due to move in but the centre will also offer places for children already living in the area.
Manager Seonaidh, who worked as a teacher for 10 years, said: “We have caring and dedicated staff at our nurseries, and will be bringing the same high standards of care to Little Bear’s at East Village.
You may also want to watch:
“The facility has been designed to the highest standards for a nursery and we can’t wait to open.”
The Little Bear’s nursery will run an all-day service from 7.30am to 6.30pm from the same building as all-through school Chobham Academy.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
The site has been purpose-built as a nursery with light spaces, an outdoor area, a shaded canpoy, and a garden.
For enquiries about places at Little Bear’s, email firstname.lastname@example.org.