Construction work begins on Bobby Moore Academy
- Credit: Ben Peck
Building work has begun on Newham’s newest school, the Bobby Moore Academy.
Opening with a cohort of 120 Year 7 students in September 2017, the all-through school will educate four to 18-year-olds in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, close to the London Stadium.
Principal Stuart Burns said that the commencement of the building work was an incredible milestone for the academy.
“The David Ross Education Trust and I, in partnership with the London Legacy Development Corporation, have spent a significant period of time developing both the building and education plans for the school.
“It is fantastic to see all of this hard work and dedication coming to fruition. The architect’s vision for the building looks incredible and, when the final building is sitting side-by-side the former Olympic Stadium, I can’t imagine a more inspirational learning environment.”
You may also want to watch:
The plan is to complete the primary campus next year, with the secondary campus due to open in 2018.
Mr Burns will be hosting a series of open events for prospective parents in early October.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
He added: “The feedback from the community has been fantastic so far.
“We have a very healthy number of people already applying to send their children to the academy, and we want to ensure that people across the area have all the information available to them when they are selecting a secondary school for their child.”
For more, visit bobbymooreacademy.co.uk.