Construction work begins on Bobby Moore Academy
- Credit: Ben Peck
Building work has begun on Newham’s newest school, the Bobby Moore Academy.
Opening with a cohort of 120 Year 7 students in September 2017, the all-through school will educate four to 18-year-olds in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, close to the London Stadium.
Principal Stuart Burns said that the commencement of the building work was an incredible milestone for the academy.
“The David Ross Education Trust and I, in partnership with the London Legacy Development Corporation, have spent a significant period of time developing both the building and education plans for the school.
“It is fantastic to see all of this hard work and dedication coming to fruition. The architect’s vision for the building looks incredible and, when the final building is sitting side-by-side the former Olympic Stadium, I can’t imagine a more inspirational learning environment.”
You may also want to watch:
The plan is to complete the primary campus next year, with the secondary campus due to open in 2018.
Mr Burns will be hosting a series of open events for prospective parents in early October.
- 1 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 2 Front-runners for Leyton Orient vacancy after Ross Embleton departure
- 3 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 6 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 7 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 8 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 9 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 10 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
He added: “The feedback from the community has been fantastic so far.
“We have a very healthy number of people already applying to send their children to the academy, and we want to ensure that people across the area have all the information available to them when they are selecting a secondary school for their child.”
For more, visit bobbymooreacademy.co.uk.