Competition offers unique chance to work with West Ham’s Karren Brady, TV presenter Jameela Jamil or visit the Facebook HQ in California
- Credit: Anthony Upton/PA
Teenagers are being offered a once in a life time opportunity to work with West Ham United’s vice chair Karren Brady, travel to the Facebook HQ in California or become a broadcast presenter with Jameela Jamil.
The work experience competition being launched today by LifeSkills has prizes which include a chance to learn from some of the most successful leaders in business, media and sports globally.
The contest, open to 14 to 19-year-olds in London, is being launched by LifeSkills Ambassadors Karren Brady, Jameela Jamil and Thea Green.
Ms Brady, said: “I couldn’t have got to where I am today without the work experiences I had early on in my career. They taught me what I was good at and the skills I needed to get ahead.”
The contest is part of LifeSkills, created with Barclays, a curriculum linked programme aiming by 2015 to equip one million young people with the skills they need for work and connect them with work experience opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
The prizes include working with Karren Brady, also known from the TV programme the The Apprentice; travelling to the Facebook HQ in California and learning what it takes to run the social network; becoming a broadcast presenter with Jameela Jamil, producing a broadcast package with a film crew from ITN Productions, shadowing a Barclays Premier League manager, and learning how to launch a product with Thea Green, Founder of Nails Inc.
- 1 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 2 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House