Community groups around the Olympic Park can bid for £5,000 funding
- Credit: Vickie Flores/Archant
Grants of up to £1,000 are up for grabs for community groups close to the Olympic Park.
Loughborough University’s Stratford campus has opened bidding for its £5,000 Open Fund for “non-political” projects and organisations.
Open Fund is part of the annual Loughborough Community Donations Fund programme, which has run since 2009 and supported a wide range of community groups and voluntary projects.
Successful bids have previously included funding for youth groups, schools and soup kitchens.
Applications, which close on May 31, should include a short breakdown of how the fund will be used and details of a specific project.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers say bids are most likely to succeed when they clearly identify and outline the impact and benefits funding will have.
Repeat applications for the same project or organisation within a 12-month period will not be considered.
To apply, click here or email Jessica Metson at email@example.com.
- 1 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 2 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 3 Restored Victorian warehouse in Stratford to become dance and music hub
- 4 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 5 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 6 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 7 Town hall chief says Newham 'doing everything it can' to ensure polling is 'safe and fair'
- 8 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 9 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 10 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip