Community groups around the Olympic Park can bid for £5,000 funding
- Credit: Vickie Flores/Archant
Grants of up to £1,000 are up for grabs for community groups close to the Olympic Park.
Loughborough University’s Stratford campus has opened bidding for its £5,000 Open Fund for “non-political” projects and organisations.
Open Fund is part of the annual Loughborough Community Donations Fund programme, which has run since 2009 and supported a wide range of community groups and voluntary projects.
Successful bids have previously included funding for youth groups, schools and soup kitchens.
Applications, which close on May 31, should include a short breakdown of how the fund will be used and details of a specific project.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers say bids are most likely to succeed when they clearly identify and outline the impact and benefits funding will have.
Repeat applications for the same project or organisation within a 12-month period will not be considered.
To apply, click here or email Jessica Metson at email@example.com.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 5 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 8 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines