Community groups around the Olympic Park can bid for £5,000 funding
- Credit: Vickie Flores/Archant
Grants of up to £1,000 are up for grabs for community groups close to the Olympic Park.
Loughborough University’s Stratford campus has opened bidding for its £5,000 Open Fund for “non-political” projects and organisations.
Open Fund is part of the annual Loughborough Community Donations Fund programme, which has run since 2009 and supported a wide range of community groups and voluntary projects.
Successful bids have previously included funding for youth groups, schools and soup kitchens.
Applications, which close on May 31, should include a short breakdown of how the fund will be used and details of a specific project.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers say bids are most likely to succeed when they clearly identify and outline the impact and benefits funding will have.
Repeat applications for the same project or organisation within a 12-month period will not be considered.
To apply, click here or email Jessica Metson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood