Community give feedback on Olympic Park neighbourhood
The local community met project managers to give feedback on plans for one of the Olympic Park neighbourhoods.
The last of three consultation events took place at Chandos East community centre in Stratford on February 4 showcasing designs for Chobham Manor.
The development, to be situated between East Village and the Lee Valley Velopark, boasts 850 homes as well as shopping and health facilities.
Sebastian Balcombe, planning manager with developers Taylor Wimpley, said: “We were delighted to see so many people from the local area take the time to visit our events.
“We wanted to hear what local people wanted, and we had some excellent and constructive feedback from a wide cross-section of the local community.
You may also want to watch:
“It was clear from speaking to people that there is a real sense of excitement around the plans for Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.”
Further information about Chobham Manor can be found at www.chobhammanore20.co.uk.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 5 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 8 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 9 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 10 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate