East Ham school choir performs in Nutcracker alongside English National Ballet
- Credit: Archant
East Ham school children got the chance to sing alongside English National Ballet at the London Coliseum.
In partnership with Newham Music Hub, English National Ballet invited the Langdon Academy choir to perform as part of the company's production of the festive favourite Nutcracker.
Eleven pupils, aged 11 to 14, sang as part of the famous snowflake scene, accompanied by English National Ballet Philharmonic.
They rehearsed with English National Ballet dancers and orchestra, before joining the performances at the iconic theatre on December 17 and 18.
English National Ballet associate conductor Orlando Jopling, has worked with the students, he said: "We were delighted to welcome students from Langdon Academy to join us for these performances of Nutcracker.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a magical moment when the voices join the orchestra, and the students fitted in perfectly."
- 1 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 2 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 3 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 4 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 5 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 6 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 7 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 8 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 9 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 10 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others