East Ham school choir performs in Nutcracker alongside English National Ballet
- Credit: Archant
East Ham school children got the chance to sing alongside English National Ballet at the London Coliseum.
In partnership with Newham Music Hub, English National Ballet invited the Langdon Academy choir to perform as part of the company's production of the festive favourite Nutcracker.
Eleven pupils, aged 11 to 14, sang as part of the famous snowflake scene, accompanied by English National Ballet Philharmonic.
They rehearsed with English National Ballet dancers and orchestra, before joining the performances at the iconic theatre on December 17 and 18.
English National Ballet associate conductor Orlando Jopling, has worked with the students, he said: "We were delighted to welcome students from Langdon Academy to join us for these performances of Nutcracker.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a magical moment when the voices join the orchestra, and the students fitted in perfectly."
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking