East Ham school choir performs in Nutcracker alongside English National Ballet
- Credit: Archant
East Ham school children got the chance to sing alongside English National Ballet at the London Coliseum.
In partnership with Newham Music Hub, English National Ballet invited the Langdon Academy choir to perform as part of the company's production of the festive favourite Nutcracker.
Eleven pupils, aged 11 to 14, sang as part of the famous snowflake scene, accompanied by English National Ballet Philharmonic.
They rehearsed with English National Ballet dancers and orchestra, before joining the performances at the iconic theatre on December 17 and 18.
English National Ballet associate conductor Orlando Jopling, has worked with the students, he said: "We were delighted to welcome students from Langdon Academy to join us for these performances of Nutcracker.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a magical moment when the voices join the orchestra, and the students fitted in perfectly."
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate
- 6 Covid funding boost for Newham homeless and young people charities
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 West Ham reach Continental Cup last four with win over Durham