Children from St Mary’s pre-school in East Ham go on a bear hunt for World Book Day
- Credit: Archant
Children from St Mary’s pre-school in East Ham were going on a bear hunt on Thursday for World Book Day.
While the snow put a stop to their planned hunt round the nearby nature reserve, the children still met to read their most treasured books while dressed up as their favourite characters.
Among those celebrated were ‘the very hungry caterpillar’ by Eric Carle, ‘the super smile shop’, and Michael Rosen’s ‘we’re going on a bear hunt’.
Parent Demi Cutting said: “Although the weather wasn’t great and we couldn’t go on the bear hunt in the nature reserve it was still a lovely session which the children enjoyed.
“The layout of the nursery and the activities that were set out were really good and they made a few of the children’s favourite books into activities, which engaged the children and kept them involved.”
You may also want to watch:
UNESCO’s World Book Day is in its 21st year and is celebrated in more than 100 countries.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 4 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case