Canning Town students gear up to tuck into ‘Le Tour de France Big Breakfast
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a primary school who can’t wait for the Tour de France are getting into the spirit early with a big continental breakfast to honour the race which arrives in Newham on Monday.
A free ‘Le Tour de France Big Breakfast’ for the 600 students of Ravenscroft Primary in Canning Town and their parents will be served from 8.15am tomorrow morning.
It will also be a school community event with music, dance and songs.
A hot breakfast will include scrambled egg, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes & sausages (Halal option available).
A cold breakfast will include cereal, fruit and bread rolls with jam or marmalade.
You may also want to watch:
Like all the other schools in the borough, Ravenscroft will be closed on Monday but a spokeswoman at the school said staff and children wanted to incorporate the special day into their Big Breakfast event.
The event has been organised and funded by Friends of Ravenscroft (PTA) with the help of a £500 Let’s Get the Party Started grant from Newham Council.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 8 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
All the pupils of Ravenscroft Primary School will receive an exclusively designed Le Tour de Ravenscroft T-shirts to wear for The Big Breakfast, as worn by pupils Steven and Poppy Hornsby in the photo above.