Canning Town students gear up to tuck into ‘Le Tour de France Big Breakfast
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a primary school who can’t wait for the Tour de France are getting into the spirit early with a big continental breakfast to honour the race which arrives in Newham on Monday.
A free ‘Le Tour de France Big Breakfast’ for the 600 students of Ravenscroft Primary in Canning Town and their parents will be served from 8.15am tomorrow morning.
It will also be a school community event with music, dance and songs.
A hot breakfast will include scrambled egg, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes & sausages (Halal option available).
A cold breakfast will include cereal, fruit and bread rolls with jam or marmalade.
You may also want to watch:
Like all the other schools in the borough, Ravenscroft will be closed on Monday but a spokeswoman at the school said staff and children wanted to incorporate the special day into their Big Breakfast event.
The event has been organised and funded by Friends of Ravenscroft (PTA) with the help of a £500 Let’s Get the Party Started grant from Newham Council.
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 6 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
All the pupils of Ravenscroft Primary School will receive an exclusively designed Le Tour de Ravenscroft T-shirts to wear for The Big Breakfast, as worn by pupils Steven and Poppy Hornsby in the photo above.