Canning Town students gear up to tuck into ‘Le Tour de France Big Breakfast
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a primary school who can’t wait for the Tour de France are getting into the spirit early with a big continental breakfast to honour the race which arrives in Newham on Monday.
A free ‘Le Tour de France Big Breakfast’ for the 600 students of Ravenscroft Primary in Canning Town and their parents will be served from 8.15am tomorrow morning.
It will also be a school community event with music, dance and songs.
A hot breakfast will include scrambled egg, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes & sausages (Halal option available).
A cold breakfast will include cereal, fruit and bread rolls with jam or marmalade.
You may also want to watch:
Like all the other schools in the borough, Ravenscroft will be closed on Monday but a spokeswoman at the school said staff and children wanted to incorporate the special day into their Big Breakfast event.
The event has been organised and funded by Friends of Ravenscroft (PTA) with the help of a £500 Let’s Get the Party Started grant from Newham Council.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 7 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 8 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 9 How staff helped Plaistow pupils win £1m of top college scholarships
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
All the pupils of Ravenscroft Primary School will receive an exclusively designed Le Tour de Ravenscroft T-shirts to wear for The Big Breakfast, as worn by pupils Steven and Poppy Hornsby in the photo above.