Canning Town students gear up to tuck into ‘Le Tour de France Big Breakfast
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a primary school who can’t wait for the Tour de France are getting into the spirit early with a big continental breakfast to honour the race which arrives in Newham on Monday.
A free ‘Le Tour de France Big Breakfast’ for the 600 students of Ravenscroft Primary in Canning Town and their parents will be served from 8.15am tomorrow morning.
It will also be a school community event with music, dance and songs.
A hot breakfast will include scrambled egg, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes & sausages (Halal option available).
A cold breakfast will include cereal, fruit and bread rolls with jam or marmalade.
Like all the other schools in the borough, Ravenscroft will be closed on Monday but a spokeswoman at the school said staff and children wanted to incorporate the special day into their Big Breakfast event.
The event has been organised and funded by Friends of Ravenscroft (PTA) with the help of a £500 Let’s Get the Party Started grant from Newham Council.
- 1 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 4 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 5 We need to put the ball in the net says Rice after West Ham defeat at City
- 6 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 7 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 8 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
All the pupils of Ravenscroft Primary School will receive an exclusively designed Le Tour de Ravenscroft T-shirts to wear for The Big Breakfast, as worn by pupils Steven and Poppy Hornsby in the photo above.