Canning Town students gear up to tuck into ‘Le Tour de France Big Breakfast
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a primary school who can’t wait for the Tour de France are getting into the spirit early with a big continental breakfast to honour the race which arrives in Newham on Monday.
A free ‘Le Tour de France Big Breakfast’ for the 600 students of Ravenscroft Primary in Canning Town and their parents will be served from 8.15am tomorrow morning.
It will also be a school community event with music, dance and songs.
A hot breakfast will include scrambled egg, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes & sausages (Halal option available).
A cold breakfast will include cereal, fruit and bread rolls with jam or marmalade.
Like all the other schools in the borough, Ravenscroft will be closed on Monday but a spokeswoman at the school said staff and children wanted to incorporate the special day into their Big Breakfast event.
The event has been organised and funded by Friends of Ravenscroft (PTA) with the help of a £500 Let’s Get the Party Started grant from Newham Council.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 5 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 6 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 7 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 8 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 9 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
- 10 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
All the pupils of Ravenscroft Primary School will receive an exclusively designed Le Tour de Ravenscroft T-shirts to wear for The Big Breakfast, as worn by pupils Steven and Poppy Hornsby in the photo above.