Canning Town school receives British Council award
- Credit: Archant
Rokeby School has been awarded the British Council’s International School Award in recognition of its work to bring the world into the classroom.
The award recognises the Barking Road, Canning Town school’s collaboration with counterparts in Ghana, Russia and Spain, partnerships and a charity events calendar.
It encourages and supports schools to develop an international ethos.
Headteacher Charlotte Robinson said: “I am delighted that Rokeby has received the award.
“It is recognition of our commitment to develop students who respect their local and global environments and ultimately each other’s differences.
You may also want to watch:
“International learning is embedded across the school and we create opportunities whenever possible to actively engage students in thinking about their roles and responsibilities in our increasingly interconnected world.”
John Rolfe, from the British Council, added: “The school’s fantastic international work has rightfully earned it this prestigious award.
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 4 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 5 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 10 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
“The International School Award is a great chance for schools to demonstrate the important work they’re doing to bring the world into their classrooms. “Adding an international dimension to children’s education ensures that they are truly global citizens and helps prepare them for successful future careers in an increasingly global economy.”