Canning Town pupils tuck into big breakfast with Tour de France flavour
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a primary school celebrated the Tour de France with a big continental breakfast to honour the race which arrived in Newham on Monday.
Staff at Ravenscroft primary in Canning Town helped provide a free ‘Le Tour de France Big Breakfast’ for their 600 students and their parents. The morning also became a bit of a school community event with music, dance and songs.
A hot breakfast included scrambled egg, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes & sausages (Halal option available).
A cold breakfast will include cereal, fruit and bread rolls with jam or marmalade.
Like all the other schools in the borough, Ravenscroft was closed on Monday but a spokeswoman at the school said staff and children wanted to incorporate the special day into their Big Breakfast event.
You may also want to watch:
The event has been organised and funded by Friends of Ravenscroft (PTA) with the help of a £500 Let’s Get the Party Started grant from Newham Council.
The pupils also received an exclusively designed Le Tour de Ravenscroft T-shirts.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 9 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
- 10 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?