Canning Town pupils tuck into big breakfast with Tour de France flavour
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a primary school celebrated the Tour de France with a big continental breakfast to honour the race which arrived in Newham on Monday.
Staff at Ravenscroft primary in Canning Town helped provide a free ‘Le Tour de France Big Breakfast’ for their 600 students and their parents. The morning also became a bit of a school community event with music, dance and songs.
A hot breakfast included scrambled egg, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes & sausages (Halal option available).
A cold breakfast will include cereal, fruit and bread rolls with jam or marmalade.
Like all the other schools in the borough, Ravenscroft was closed on Monday but a spokeswoman at the school said staff and children wanted to incorporate the special day into their Big Breakfast event.
You may also want to watch:
The event has been organised and funded by Friends of Ravenscroft (PTA) with the help of a £500 Let’s Get the Party Started grant from Newham Council.
The pupils also received an exclusively designed Le Tour de Ravenscroft T-shirts.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 5 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 6 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 7 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 8 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich