Canning Town pupils tuck into big breakfast with Tour de France flavour
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a primary school celebrated the Tour de France with a big continental breakfast to honour the race which arrived in Newham on Monday.
Staff at Ravenscroft primary in Canning Town helped provide a free ‘Le Tour de France Big Breakfast’ for their 600 students and their parents. The morning also became a bit of a school community event with music, dance and songs.
A hot breakfast included scrambled egg, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes & sausages (Halal option available).
A cold breakfast will include cereal, fruit and bread rolls with jam or marmalade.
Like all the other schools in the borough, Ravenscroft was closed on Monday but a spokeswoman at the school said staff and children wanted to incorporate the special day into their Big Breakfast event.
The event has been organised and funded by Friends of Ravenscroft (PTA) with the help of a £500 Let’s Get the Party Started grant from Newham Council.
The pupils also received an exclusively designed Le Tour de Ravenscroft T-shirts.
- 1 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 2 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 3 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 6 Covid-19: How the situation in Newham compares to this time last year
- 7 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 10 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home