Canning Town pupils tuck into big breakfast with Tour de France flavour
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a primary school celebrated the Tour de France with a big continental breakfast to honour the race which arrived in Newham on Monday.
Staff at Ravenscroft primary in Canning Town helped provide a free ‘Le Tour de France Big Breakfast’ for their 600 students and their parents. The morning also became a bit of a school community event with music, dance and songs.
A hot breakfast included scrambled egg, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes & sausages (Halal option available).
A cold breakfast will include cereal, fruit and bread rolls with jam or marmalade.
Like all the other schools in the borough, Ravenscroft was closed on Monday but a spokeswoman at the school said staff and children wanted to incorporate the special day into their Big Breakfast event.
You may also want to watch:
The event has been organised and funded by Friends of Ravenscroft (PTA) with the help of a £500 Let’s Get the Party Started grant from Newham Council.
The pupils also received an exclusively designed Le Tour de Ravenscroft T-shirts.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 8 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 9 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 10 £10.1m grant strategy approved to support businesses as pandemic continues