GCSE results: Nine 9s for ‘really happy’ Brampton Manor pupil
- Credit: Archant
Brampton Manor Academy pupil Kuljeet Singh earned an exceptional nine 9 grades in his GCSEs.
Kuljeet, 16, from Plaistow - who achieved an 8 and a 7 in his other two subjects - said: "I'm really excited. I was confident that I got good grades but I wasn't sure if I was going to get the best I could possibly get.
"But now looking at it, I'm really happy - these are the grades I wanted to get.
"For French, I'm a little disappointed with a 7 but that's still good - French was a hard subject for me."
Beyond sixth form, Kuljeet hopes to study engineering.
You may also want to watch:
Another high achiever, Chloe Wills, achieved 9s and 8s in all of her subjects - including six 9s.
The East Ham 16-year-old, who aspires to a career as a research scientist, said: "I was doubting myself a lot after the exams, but I blocked it out and I was only nervous at the beginning of today.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
"Before opening the envelope, I was really nervous, but I feel a lot better now - I'm really happy."
Overall, more than 75 per cent of the school's GSCE grades were 9-4 this year, which vice-principal Stuart Roberts said was in line with last year.
"We're every happy with the results, the students are happy and beginning to enrol in sixth form, so we're very pleased," he said.
Victoria Etingoff, 16, from Beckton, was delighted to have earned the results she needed for sixth form.
She will now be working towards studying politics, philosophy and economics at Oxford over the next two years.
"I really enjoyed my subjects and I'm able to do psychology and economics in sixth form, which is what I wanted," she said.
"I've wanted to get into the sixth form for about five years now, that's the only place I ever really wanted to go to, so it's a relief to get the actual results I need.
"And I got nothing lower than A* in my sciences, so I got 8s and 9s.
"I don't know whether I want to scream, laugh or cry to be honest."