GCSE results: Nine 9s for ‘really happy’ Brampton Manor pupil
- Credit: Archant
Brampton Manor Academy pupil Kuljeet Singh earned an exceptional nine 9 grades in his GCSEs.
Kuljeet, 16, from Plaistow - who achieved an 8 and a 7 in his other two subjects - said: "I'm really excited. I was confident that I got good grades but I wasn't sure if I was going to get the best I could possibly get.
"But now looking at it, I'm really happy - these are the grades I wanted to get.
"For French, I'm a little disappointed with a 7 but that's still good - French was a hard subject for me."
Beyond sixth form, Kuljeet hopes to study engineering.
You may also want to watch:
Another high achiever, Chloe Wills, achieved 9s and 8s in all of her subjects - including six 9s.
The East Ham 16-year-old, who aspires to a career as a research scientist, said: "I was doubting myself a lot after the exams, but I blocked it out and I was only nervous at the beginning of today.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 9 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
"Before opening the envelope, I was really nervous, but I feel a lot better now - I'm really happy."
Overall, more than 75 per cent of the school's GSCE grades were 9-4 this year, which vice-principal Stuart Roberts said was in line with last year.
"We're every happy with the results, the students are happy and beginning to enrol in sixth form, so we're very pleased," he said.
Victoria Etingoff, 16, from Beckton, was delighted to have earned the results she needed for sixth form.
She will now be working towards studying politics, philosophy and economics at Oxford over the next two years.
"I really enjoyed my subjects and I'm able to do psychology and economics in sixth form, which is what I wanted," she said.
"I've wanted to get into the sixth form for about five years now, that's the only place I ever really wanted to go to, so it's a relief to get the actual results I need.
"And I got nothing lower than A* in my sciences, so I got 8s and 9s.
"I don't know whether I want to scream, laugh or cry to be honest."