Bobby Moore Academy appoints new executive headteacher
- Credit: DRET
The Bobby Moore Academy has appointed a new executive headteacher to oversee both sections of the all-through school.
Dr Lawrence Foley will be joining the school, in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, in September, when it will also welcome its first cohort of primary school pupils.
Dr Foley is currently director of education at Future Academies, which runs five schools across London.
He said he was “delighted” to be joining Bobby Moore Academy, adding: “Having grown up in Stratford, the opportunity to lead the school is a source of both personal and professional pride.”
Chair of governors Wim Bushell added: “Lawrence’s appointment follows the announcement of our new head of primary, Rachel Mardenborough, earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
“We are looking forward to working with both Lawrence and Rachel as we embark on the next exciting stage in our school’s journey.”
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 8 Flower arranging day brightens Manor Park care home
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings