Bobby Moore Academy appoints new executive headteacher
- Credit: DRET
The Bobby Moore Academy has appointed a new executive headteacher to oversee both sections of the all-through school.
Dr Lawrence Foley will be joining the school, in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, in September, when it will also welcome its first cohort of primary school pupils.
Dr Foley is currently director of education at Future Academies, which runs five schools across London.
He said he was “delighted” to be joining Bobby Moore Academy, adding: “Having grown up in Stratford, the opportunity to lead the school is a source of both personal and professional pride.”
Chair of governors Wim Bushell added: “Lawrence’s appointment follows the announcement of our new head of primary, Rachel Mardenborough, earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
“We are looking forward to working with both Lawrence and Rachel as we embark on the next exciting stage in our school’s journey.”
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 7 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 8 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 9 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 10 Plans for industrial hub, shipyard and homes on Albert Island approved