Bobby Moore Academy appoints new executive headteacher
- Credit: DRET
The Bobby Moore Academy has appointed a new executive headteacher to oversee both sections of the all-through school.
Dr Lawrence Foley will be joining the school, in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, in September, when it will also welcome its first cohort of primary school pupils.
Dr Foley is currently director of education at Future Academies, which runs five schools across London.
He said he was “delighted” to be joining Bobby Moore Academy, adding: “Having grown up in Stratford, the opportunity to lead the school is a source of both personal and professional pride.”
Chair of governors Wim Bushell added: “Lawrence’s appointment follows the announcement of our new head of primary, Rachel Mardenborough, earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
“We are looking forward to working with both Lawrence and Rachel as we embark on the next exciting stage in our school’s journey.”
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 8 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 9 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 10 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque