Bobby Moore Academy appoints new executive headteacher
- Credit: DRET
The Bobby Moore Academy has appointed a new executive headteacher to oversee both sections of the all-through school.
Dr Lawrence Foley will be joining the school, in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, in September, when it will also welcome its first cohort of primary school pupils.
Dr Foley is currently director of education at Future Academies, which runs five schools across London.
He said he was “delighted” to be joining Bobby Moore Academy, adding: “Having grown up in Stratford, the opportunity to lead the school is a source of both personal and professional pride.”
Chair of governors Wim Bushell added: “Lawrence’s appointment follows the announcement of our new head of primary, Rachel Mardenborough, earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
“We are looking forward to working with both Lawrence and Rachel as we embark on the next exciting stage in our school’s journey.”
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 241-home development at Royal Albert Wharf marks 12-storey milestone
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber