Beckton schoolchildren visit set of Channel 4’s ‘What’s Cooking?’
- Credit: Professional Images
Schoolchildren got to watch a live episode of a TV cooking show being filmed in Beckton on Monday.
Ten pupils from Gallions Primary School, in Warwall, Beckton certainly had a fruitful experience under the bright lights of the ‘What’s Cooking? From the Sainsbury’s Kitchen’ set.
The studio is situated in the car park of Sainsbury’s Beckton which also features in the show during the Quick Recipe Challenge where a celebrity guest has ten minutes to buy ingredients and cook a recipe.
When the Gallions pupils were in the audience, the guests were comedian John Beckett and Goo Goo Dolls frontman John Rzenik.
After the show, the children joined Sainsbury’s cooking gurus The Try Team to make fruit smoothies and fruit skewers.
Headteacher Paul Jackson said: “It’s fantastic to be able to take our teaching of the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle into the ‘What’s Cooking?’ studio.
“It’s a great opportuntiy to see a live TV show and take away the experience which we can share across the school.”
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Moyes gives warning after West Ham miss out on Europa League
- 6 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 7 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 8 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 9 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 10 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
The programme, aired on weekday lunchtimes on Channel 4, is hosted by Ben Shephard and Lisa Faulkner.