Beckton schoolchildren visit set of Channel 4’s ‘What’s Cooking?’
- Credit: Professional Images
Schoolchildren got to watch a live episode of a TV cooking show being filmed in Beckton on Monday.
Ten pupils from Gallions Primary School, in Warwall, Beckton certainly had a fruitful experience under the bright lights of the ‘What’s Cooking? From the Sainsbury’s Kitchen’ set.
The studio is situated in the car park of Sainsbury’s Beckton which also features in the show during the Quick Recipe Challenge where a celebrity guest has ten minutes to buy ingredients and cook a recipe.
When the Gallions pupils were in the audience, the guests were comedian John Beckett and Goo Goo Dolls frontman John Rzenik.
After the show, the children joined Sainsbury’s cooking gurus The Try Team to make fruit smoothies and fruit skewers.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Paul Jackson said: “It’s fantastic to be able to take our teaching of the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle into the ‘What’s Cooking?’ studio.
“It’s a great opportuntiy to see a live TV show and take away the experience which we can share across the school.”
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 7 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 8 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 9 How staff helped Plaistow pupils win £1m of top college scholarships
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
The programme, aired on weekday lunchtimes on Channel 4, is hosted by Ben Shephard and Lisa Faulkner.