Beckton schoolchildren visit set of Channel 4’s ‘What’s Cooking?’
- Credit: Professional Images
Schoolchildren got to watch a live episode of a TV cooking show being filmed in Beckton on Monday.
Ten pupils from Gallions Primary School, in Warwall, Beckton certainly had a fruitful experience under the bright lights of the ‘What’s Cooking? From the Sainsbury’s Kitchen’ set.
The studio is situated in the car park of Sainsbury’s Beckton which also features in the show during the Quick Recipe Challenge where a celebrity guest has ten minutes to buy ingredients and cook a recipe.
When the Gallions pupils were in the audience, the guests were comedian John Beckett and Goo Goo Dolls frontman John Rzenik.
After the show, the children joined Sainsbury’s cooking gurus The Try Team to make fruit smoothies and fruit skewers.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Paul Jackson said: “It’s fantastic to be able to take our teaching of the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle into the ‘What’s Cooking?’ studio.
“It’s a great opportuntiy to see a live TV show and take away the experience which we can share across the school.”
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 4 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
The programme, aired on weekday lunchtimes on Channel 4, is hosted by Ben Shephard and Lisa Faulkner.