Beckton schoolchildren visit set of Channel 4’s ‘What’s Cooking?’
- Credit: Professional Images
Schoolchildren got to watch a live episode of a TV cooking show being filmed in Beckton on Monday.
Ten pupils from Gallions Primary School, in Warwall, Beckton certainly had a fruitful experience under the bright lights of the ‘What’s Cooking? From the Sainsbury’s Kitchen’ set.
The studio is situated in the car park of Sainsbury’s Beckton which also features in the show during the Quick Recipe Challenge where a celebrity guest has ten minutes to buy ingredients and cook a recipe.
When the Gallions pupils were in the audience, the guests were comedian John Beckett and Goo Goo Dolls frontman John Rzenik.
After the show, the children joined Sainsbury’s cooking gurus The Try Team to make fruit smoothies and fruit skewers.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Paul Jackson said: “It’s fantastic to be able to take our teaching of the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle into the ‘What’s Cooking?’ studio.
“It’s a great opportuntiy to see a live TV show and take away the experience which we can share across the school.”
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 6 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
The programme, aired on weekday lunchtimes on Channel 4, is hosted by Ben Shephard and Lisa Faulkner.