Beckton school to hold winter draw to help music block
Staff at a primary school are urging people to buy tickets for their Winter Draw and help raise funds for their music block.
Gallions Reach Primary School has a wide variety of prizes for its Grand Winter Draw and is hoping to raise more than £2,500 from it to help pay for a Music Block.
Paul Jackson, head teacher at the school, said: “Every child from Years 2 - 6 plays a string instrument and every child from the Nursery to Year 6 has specialist music lessons every week.
“We believe these lessons make a huge difference to the children’s learning in all areas of the school. Due to a growth in pupil numbers and lack of space, the music programme is in danger of ending.
“To ensure this vital provision continues, we are planning to build a Music Block within the school grounds.”
There are 51 fantastic prizes in this year’s Grand Winter Draw including…
1. A 3 course meal, Lion King theatre tickets for 2 and a night (plus breakfast) in a 4* hotel donated by Edustaff,
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 3 Leyton Orient boss Jackett hoping to strengthen squad
- 4 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 7 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient
- 8 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 9 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 10 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
2. An I-Pad air donated by Bond Recruitment
3. £200 Marks and Spencer Vouchers donated by JT Edwards Ltd
4. 4 tickets for Cirque du Soleil ‘Quidam’ at the Royal Albert Hall donated by the Musicians’ Benevolent Fund
There are a further 47 prizes with a total value of over £1500, donated by businesses, organisations and individuals.
Tickets, costing 50p each, can be purchased at the main school reception, or by e-mailing Music@gallions.newham.sch.uk. You can also use this address for further information.
The draw will be made on December 20 and winners will be contacted straight away.