Beckton school to hold winter draw to help music block
Staff at a primary school are urging people to buy tickets for their Winter Draw and help raise funds for their music block.
Gallions Reach Primary School has a wide variety of prizes for its Grand Winter Draw and is hoping to raise more than £2,500 from it to help pay for a Music Block.
Paul Jackson, head teacher at the school, said: “Every child from Years 2 - 6 plays a string instrument and every child from the Nursery to Year 6 has specialist music lessons every week.
“We believe these lessons make a huge difference to the children’s learning in all areas of the school. Due to a growth in pupil numbers and lack of space, the music programme is in danger of ending.
“To ensure this vital provision continues, we are planning to build a Music Block within the school grounds.”
You may also want to watch:
There are 51 fantastic prizes in this year’s Grand Winter Draw including…
1. A 3 course meal, Lion King theatre tickets for 2 and a night (plus breakfast) in a 4* hotel donated by Edustaff,
- 1 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 2 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 3 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 4 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip
- 5 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 6 Hammers 'will keep fighting' says Fornals ahead of derby date
- 7 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 8 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
2. An I-Pad air donated by Bond Recruitment
3. £200 Marks and Spencer Vouchers donated by JT Edwards Ltd
4. 4 tickets for Cirque du Soleil ‘Quidam’ at the Royal Albert Hall donated by the Musicians’ Benevolent Fund
There are a further 47 prizes with a total value of over £1500, donated by businesses, organisations and individuals.
Tickets, costing 50p each, can be purchased at the main school reception, or by e-mailing Music@gallions.newham.sch.uk. You can also use this address for further information.
The draw will be made on December 20 and winners will be contacted straight away.