Beckton school creates biggest children’s opera ever
Beckton pupils have trained to perform in the biggest children’s opera in history.
Children at Gallions Primary School have been working with the English Pocket Opera Company on a production called Ring Round the World which celebrates the London 2012 Olympics by creating, performing and recording the show.
In collaboration with Pete Churchill and teams of musicians, percussionists and choreographers, EPOC will present performances of a new jazz opera with over 200 schools – one for each Olympic nation.
Every performance will be unique, with each participating nation represented and celebrated on stage with professional singers, musicians and over 6,000 children.
Gallions Primary have alreadsy performed the work at the Unicorn Theatre, near London Bridge. A second performance is on Tuesday July 10 at the Broadway Theatre, Barking.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost between �10 - �15 and can be booked through the theatre websites www.unicorntheatre.com/ring-round-the-world and www.thebroadwaybarking.com/whatson/2012/07/10.
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 5 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House