Beckton pupils set to swap places with Etonians
- Credit: Archant
Four primary school pupils hope to start a ground-breaking new tradition of swapping places with children from the most prestigious school in the country.
Young learners at Gallions Primary School in Warwall, Beckton, will switch their studies with four Eton boys in the coming months whose alumni include the Royal Princes, Prime Minister David Cameron, and London Mayor Boris Johnson. Gallions, which offers pupils a creative, arts-based curriculum, hopes the programme will offer Etonians a taste of East End life while linking their pupils up with a school steeped in tradition.
Paul Jackson, headteacher at Gallions, told The Wharf: “This has been a superb opportunity for us at Gallions to work with one of the world leaders in education.
“I feel there will be equal benefits for Eton as well.
“I am hoping the Gallions/Eton partnership will grow stronger and will develop into a tradition as much part of Eton as all the other traditions that are set in stone there.”
You may also want to watch:
Eton College’s housemaster Stuart McPherson added: “It is an inspirational school with fantastic staff and innovative ideas about education that the boys will learn a lot from.”
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 3 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 4 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 7 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 8 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 9 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 10 WSL: West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0