Beckton primary school wins award for teaching philosophy
A primary school has become the first in the country to win an international award for teaching philosophy.
Gallions Primary School, on the Winsor Park housing estate in Beckton, has won the Philosophy for Children Schools Gold Award.
The school, also ranked as the seventh most improved school in the country, working with a diverse pupil population.
Headmaster Paul Jackson said: “It’s easy to lose sight of all the excellent work that goes on at Gallions day in, day out and it is fantastic to have this externally recognised by becoming the first ever school to be awarded the SAPERE gold award for our work in Philosophy for Children.
“The staff, children, parents and other supporters of Gallions work incredibly hard to achieve all that we do.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m extremely proud of all that we have achieved at Gallions but also extremely excited about what the future holds.
“There is tremendous potential here and I am looking forward to building on the success of this award to achieve even more wonderful things in the future.”
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 6 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 9 Woman injured in 'serious incident' at King George V DLR station
- 10 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham