Beckton library re-open after transformation
Beckton residents and bookworms can now enjoy the transformed Beckton Globe Library which has re-opened after several months.
The library, in Kingsford Way, was closed on September 17 for refurbishment and re-opened on February 27.
As well as all the traditional library services on offer in bright, modern facilities, visitors can now use easy self-service kiosks to pay council bills online, check rent and Council Tax balances as well as check their library accounts to renew books, CDs and DVDs.
Residents can also access these services from their own homes by visiting: www.newham.gov.uk.
Councillor Andrew Baikie, executive member for customer services and housing, said: “As well as improved library facilities at Beckton we are introducing new and better ways for our customers to do business with us, saving them time and improving the accessibility of our services.”
You may also want to watch:
As a result of the improvements at the library the Local Service Centre (LSC) at Beckton Globe will no longer operate from the end of March. Residents are encouraged to ask our staff at the library for further information on any queries they may have.
The refurbishment is part of a programme of investment in libraries across the borough between now and 2014 to transform them into locations where residents can come to educate themselves and their children, and make transactions with the council.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 5 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation