Award-winning Canning Town teenager sees young people as future
- Credit: Archant
Motivational speaker Hayley Mulenda wants to help fellow youngsters chase their dreams.
When she’s not learning new skills, the 18-year-old is going up and down the country talking in schools and colleges to motivate students towards their goals.
Hayley, from Canning Town, has only been in her new role for six months, but she said: “It’s something that initially developed in sixth form, when my teacher asked me what I wanted to do. I said I wanted to be a motivational speaker.”
The former St.Angela’s and St Bonaventure’s pupil most recently won the Black Enterprise MOGUL Most Inspirational and Most Influential Black Entrepreneur in the UK for under 21s award.
“It was just amazing because the whole award is about building entrepreneurs and recognising their work no matter who they are or where they’ve come from.”
You may also want to watch:
The teenager has already been recognised by BBC Apprentice Finalist Bianca Miller and award-winning poet Suli Breaks for her work.
“I want to continue going up and down the country, while also becoming more global,” she said.
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 6 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 7 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 8 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
“I’ve already got a few booking in my home country Uganda in December.” Visit insideadream.co.uk.