Award-winning Canning Town teenager sees young people as future
- Credit: Archant
Motivational speaker Hayley Mulenda wants to help fellow youngsters chase their dreams.
When she’s not learning new skills, the 18-year-old is going up and down the country talking in schools and colleges to motivate students towards their goals.
Hayley, from Canning Town, has only been in her new role for six months, but she said: “It’s something that initially developed in sixth form, when my teacher asked me what I wanted to do. I said I wanted to be a motivational speaker.”
The former St.Angela’s and St Bonaventure’s pupil most recently won the Black Enterprise MOGUL Most Inspirational and Most Influential Black Entrepreneur in the UK for under 21s award.
“It was just amazing because the whole award is about building entrepreneurs and recognising their work no matter who they are or where they’ve come from.”
The teenager has already been recognised by BBC Apprentice Finalist Bianca Miller and award-winning poet Suli Breaks for her work.
“I want to continue going up and down the country, while also becoming more global,” she said.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 5 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 6 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 7 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 8 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 9 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
- 10 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
“I’ve already got a few booking in my home country Uganda in December.” Visit insideadream.co.uk.