Award-winning Canning Town teenager sees young people as future
- Credit: Archant
Motivational speaker Hayley Mulenda wants to help fellow youngsters chase their dreams.
When she’s not learning new skills, the 18-year-old is going up and down the country talking in schools and colleges to motivate students towards their goals.
Hayley, from Canning Town, has only been in her new role for six months, but she said: “It’s something that initially developed in sixth form, when my teacher asked me what I wanted to do. I said I wanted to be a motivational speaker.”
The former St.Angela’s and St Bonaventure’s pupil most recently won the Black Enterprise MOGUL Most Inspirational and Most Influential Black Entrepreneur in the UK for under 21s award.
“It was just amazing because the whole award is about building entrepreneurs and recognising their work no matter who they are or where they’ve come from.”
You may also want to watch:
The teenager has already been recognised by BBC Apprentice Finalist Bianca Miller and award-winning poet Suli Breaks for her work.
“I want to continue going up and down the country, while also becoming more global,” she said.
- 1 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 2 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 3 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 4 Half of people in Newham may have had Covid-19, analysis reveals
- 5 Knife-carrying teenager arrested after running from cops
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Deputy chairperson of Newham Council suspended by Labour Party
- 8 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 9 'Kindly keep out of Stratford': Johnson criticised over cycling trip
- 10 Stephen Timms calls for Covid-19 vaccine centre in East Ham
“I’ve already got a few booking in my home country Uganda in December.” Visit insideadream.co.uk.