Award-winning Canning Town teenager sees young people as future
- Credit: Archant
Motivational speaker Hayley Mulenda wants to help fellow youngsters chase their dreams.
When she’s not learning new skills, the 18-year-old is going up and down the country talking in schools and colleges to motivate students towards their goals.
Hayley, from Canning Town, has only been in her new role for six months, but she said: “It’s something that initially developed in sixth form, when my teacher asked me what I wanted to do. I said I wanted to be a motivational speaker.”
The former St.Angela’s and St Bonaventure’s pupil most recently won the Black Enterprise MOGUL Most Inspirational and Most Influential Black Entrepreneur in the UK for under 21s award.
“It was just amazing because the whole award is about building entrepreneurs and recognising their work no matter who they are or where they’ve come from.”
You may also want to watch:
The teenager has already been recognised by BBC Apprentice Finalist Bianca Miller and award-winning poet Suli Breaks for her work.
“I want to continue going up and down the country, while also becoming more global,” she said.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 3 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 4 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 5 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
“I’ve already got a few booking in my home country Uganda in December.” Visit insideadream.co.uk.