Architect appointed for NewVIc redevelopment
- Credit: Archant
An architect has been appointed for the £8 million first phase of the NewVIc campus redevelopment.
Shepheard Epstein Hunter has been selected to work with the college to create a new entrance, library and drama studio as well as social and learning spaces for students.
Construction work will start early next year and is scheduled to be completed by September 2016, with special arrangements made to allow college life to continue as usual.
Principal Eddie Playfair said: “This appointment means we can now move ahead with our plans to create an exciting new building which is welcoming, accessible and flexible.
“We are all very excited by this development which will be a major boost for NewVIc and for its students.”
You may also want to watch:
Steven Pidwill, chairman of Shepheard Epstein Hunter, said: “This development will give students additional facilities to help them meet their aspirations.”
The £8 million investment for the project comes from the college’s own reserves and borrowing.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines