Architect appointed for NewVIc redevelopment
- Credit: Archant
An architect has been appointed for the £8 million first phase of the NewVIc campus redevelopment.
Shepheard Epstein Hunter has been selected to work with the college to create a new entrance, library and drama studio as well as social and learning spaces for students.
Construction work will start early next year and is scheduled to be completed by September 2016, with special arrangements made to allow college life to continue as usual.
Principal Eddie Playfair said: “This appointment means we can now move ahead with our plans to create an exciting new building which is welcoming, accessible and flexible.
“We are all very excited by this development which will be a major boost for NewVIc and for its students.”
You may also want to watch:
Steven Pidwill, chairman of Shepheard Epstein Hunter, said: “This development will give students additional facilities to help them meet their aspirations.”
The £8 million investment for the project comes from the college’s own reserves and borrowing.
- 1 Fire breaks out at Beckton superstore
- 2 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 3 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 6 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 7 Front-runners for Leyton Orient vacancy after Ross Embleton departure
- 8 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 9 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 10 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery