Architect appointed for NewVIc redevelopment
- Credit: Archant
An architect has been appointed for the £8 million first phase of the NewVIc campus redevelopment.
Shepheard Epstein Hunter has been selected to work with the college to create a new entrance, library and drama studio as well as social and learning spaces for students.
Construction work will start early next year and is scheduled to be completed by September 2016, with special arrangements made to allow college life to continue as usual.
Principal Eddie Playfair said: “This appointment means we can now move ahead with our plans to create an exciting new building which is welcoming, accessible and flexible.
“We are all very excited by this development which will be a major boost for NewVIc and for its students.”
You may also want to watch:
Steven Pidwill, chairman of Shepheard Epstein Hunter, said: “This development will give students additional facilities to help them meet their aspirations.”
The £8 million investment for the project comes from the college’s own reserves and borrowing.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 5 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 6 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 7 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 8 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 9 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 10 Body found in search for missing Newham man