Architect appointed for NewVIc redevelopment
- Credit: Archant
An architect has been appointed for the £8 million first phase of the NewVIc campus redevelopment.
Shepheard Epstein Hunter has been selected to work with the college to create a new entrance, library and drama studio as well as social and learning spaces for students.
Construction work will start early next year and is scheduled to be completed by September 2016, with special arrangements made to allow college life to continue as usual.
Principal Eddie Playfair said: “This appointment means we can now move ahead with our plans to create an exciting new building which is welcoming, accessible and flexible.
“We are all very excited by this development which will be a major boost for NewVIc and for its students.”
You may also want to watch:
Steven Pidwill, chairman of Shepheard Epstein Hunter, said: “This development will give students additional facilities to help them meet their aspirations.”
The £8 million investment for the project comes from the college’s own reserves and borrowing.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 4 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 5 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 6 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020