A wheely good day had by all at Lee Valley VeloPark
- Credit: Archant
A group of students swapped the playing fields for an Olympic race-track in a one-off physical education lesson.
More than 32 youngsters, who attend Chobham Academy, in Stratford followed in the foot steps of Chris Hoy, Laura Trott and Bradley Wiggins and took to the world famous track at the Lee Valley VeloPark as part of an initiative set up by corporate events provider, Velo-Events last week.
The year nine students got to experience an introduction to track cycling, where they were coached basic skills to ride safely, before taking on a variety of challenges.
Teacher, Ben Starkey, said: “The students had a wonderful morning over at Lee Valley VeloPark.
“To get the opportunity to ride on the track as well as receive 90 mins of expert coaching is something none of them had received previously and to see them progress so quickly was amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“Many of them plan to revisit Lee Valley VeloPark in the near future.”
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 5 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate
- 6 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 7 Covid funding boost for Newham homeless and young people charities
- 8 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home