A wheely good day had by all at Lee Valley VeloPark
- Credit: Archant
A group of students swapped the playing fields for an Olympic race-track in a one-off physical education lesson.
More than 32 youngsters, who attend Chobham Academy, in Stratford followed in the foot steps of Chris Hoy, Laura Trott and Bradley Wiggins and took to the world famous track at the Lee Valley VeloPark as part of an initiative set up by corporate events provider, Velo-Events last week.
The year nine students got to experience an introduction to track cycling, where they were coached basic skills to ride safely, before taking on a variety of challenges.
Teacher, Ben Starkey, said: “The students had a wonderful morning over at Lee Valley VeloPark.
“To get the opportunity to ride on the track as well as receive 90 mins of expert coaching is something none of them had received previously and to see them progress so quickly was amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“Many of them plan to revisit Lee Valley VeloPark in the near future.”
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 3 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 4 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 8 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing