A wheely good day had by all at Lee Valley VeloPark
- Credit: Archant
A group of students swapped the playing fields for an Olympic race-track in a one-off physical education lesson.
More than 32 youngsters, who attend Chobham Academy, in Stratford followed in the foot steps of Chris Hoy, Laura Trott and Bradley Wiggins and took to the world famous track at the Lee Valley VeloPark as part of an initiative set up by corporate events provider, Velo-Events last week.
The year nine students got to experience an introduction to track cycling, where they were coached basic skills to ride safely, before taking on a variety of challenges.
Teacher, Ben Starkey, said: “The students had a wonderful morning over at Lee Valley VeloPark.
“To get the opportunity to ride on the track as well as receive 90 mins of expert coaching is something none of them had received previously and to see them progress so quickly was amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“Many of them plan to revisit Lee Valley VeloPark in the near future.”
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 Secondary claims to be 'billion-pound school' based on earnings research