A right royal Cockney celebration at Park Primary School in Stratford
A good old Cockney celebration was had by children in Stratford to celebrate the Royal Wedding.
Doreen Golding, Pearly Queen of the Old Kent Road and Bow Bells, came to Park Primary in Mathews Park Avenue to help the pupils get in the party mood for Kate and William’s big day.
Jane Harris, head of the school’s Parent and Teachers Association, said: “It was an excellent day.
“Doreen gave commemorative medals to the children to celebrate the occasion.
“The children learnt a lot from her about the East End.”
You may also want to watch:
During her visit, Doreen also judged an exhibition of artwork by the children to mark the Royal Wedding.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 3 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 4 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 7 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 8 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
- 9 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 10 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities