A right royal Cockney celebration at Park Primary School in Stratford
A good old Cockney celebration was had by children in Stratford to celebrate the Royal Wedding.
Doreen Golding, Pearly Queen of the Old Kent Road and Bow Bells, came to Park Primary in Mathews Park Avenue to help the pupils get in the party mood for Kate and William’s big day.
Jane Harris, head of the school’s Parent and Teachers Association, said: “It was an excellent day.
“Doreen gave commemorative medals to the children to celebrate the occasion.
“The children learnt a lot from her about the East End.”
You may also want to watch:
During her visit, Doreen also judged an exhibition of artwork by the children to mark the Royal Wedding.
- 1 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 2 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 3 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 4 Parking charges, Covid, unneutered cats and driving into London
- 5 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 6 Plans for special needs hub at Little Ilford School given green light
- 7 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 8 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 9 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 10 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street