A right royal Cockney celebration at Park Primary School in Stratford
A good old Cockney celebration was had by children in Stratford to celebrate the Royal Wedding.
Doreen Golding, Pearly Queen of the Old Kent Road and Bow Bells, came to Park Primary in Mathews Park Avenue to help the pupils get in the party mood for Kate and William’s big day.
Jane Harris, head of the school’s Parent and Teachers Association, said: “It was an excellent day.
“Doreen gave commemorative medals to the children to celebrate the occasion.
“The children learnt a lot from her about the East End.”
During her visit, Doreen also judged an exhibition of artwork by the children to mark the Royal Wedding.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 3 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 4 Moyes angered by late West Ham defeat at Old Trafford
- 5 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 6 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 7 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 8 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 9 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 10 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack