A right royal Cockney celebration at Park Primary School in Stratford
A good old Cockney celebration was had by children in Stratford to celebrate the Royal Wedding.
Doreen Golding, Pearly Queen of the Old Kent Road and Bow Bells, came to Park Primary in Mathews Park Avenue to help the pupils get in the party mood for Kate and William’s big day.
Jane Harris, head of the school’s Parent and Teachers Association, said: “It was an excellent day.
“Doreen gave commemorative medals to the children to celebrate the occasion.
“The children learnt a lot from her about the East End.”
You may also want to watch:
During her visit, Doreen also judged an exhibition of artwork by the children to mark the Royal Wedding.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k