A-DAY: Newham students await their A-Level exam results
It’s A-Level results day and in Newham and across the country and teenagers are on tenterhooks.
They are poised by the front door waiting for the post or at their computer accessing their results online.
At two of Newham’s top schools - St Angela’s and St Bonaventure’s in Forest Gate - doors have opened earlier than usual for anxious students to collect their scores.And there will be similar scenes at NewVic and Newham College.
If students have had a sleepless night there could be more hedadaches from now for those chasing university places.
All the indictations are that they will go quickly as student levels outweigh their availbilty.
You may also want to watch:
UEL have a team on stand-by to take calls, offer advice and information with the promise of having courses that will foullfil veryone’s needs.
On results day last year, UEL received over 9,000 calls to the clearing hotline, with more than 1,000 calls in the first half hour of lines opening. “This year, we expect it to be even busier,” said their spokesman.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 7 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 8 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Plans for industrial hub, shipyard and homes on Albert Island approved