Ebbsfleet continue pre-season preparations with victory ovr Leyton Orient
Ebbsfleet United 3 Leyton Orient XI 0
Ebbsfleet produced an assured performance and made it win number two of pre-season with a convincing victory over Leyton Orient.
In front of a crowd of 432, Liam Daish started with a familiar XI, apart from keeper Joe Welch, and one which may resemble his side come August 13 when they start their Blue Square Premier campaign at home to York City.
Liam Enver-Marum continued his fine start for Fleet with a second goal in as many games when he smashed the ball past O’s keeper Yilmaz Askoy from inside the box after just four minutes, who made some fine saves on the night to deny Calum Willock, Michael West and Ricky Shakes.
In a dominant first half performance, Daish’s side made it two with 22 minutes on the clock when Craig Stone was in plenty of space to coolly slot home for a rare goal from the full-back.
Orient’s first real chance came from non-league veteran Miguel De Souza but his header just went wide of the mark.
After the break, Fleet began to make the usual changes with three new trialists in the shape of former MK Dons and Huddersfield midfielder Malvin Kamara, ex-Redhill defender Nytram Dixon-Baker – who came off the bench to score the third Fleet goal with a good header from Michael West’s ball in after 66 minutes – and George Chukwuma, a former England Learning Disability international.
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 4 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 7 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 8 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
Askoy did well to deny Willock with a header from Kamara’s ball in and Giannoulis Fakinos saw a delicate chip just fall onto the roof of the net as Fleet finished the match on top.
All in all it was another composed performance from Fleet, and they continue their pre-season with a trip to Blue Square South side Thurrock on Saturday.
Ebbsfleet: Welch, Stone Duncan (Brown, 76 mins), Fakinos, Easton, Simpemba (Dixon-Baker, 60 mins), West, Marwa (Kamara, 50 mins), Willock (Chukwuma, 72 mins), Shakes (Aaron Williams, 76 mins), Enver-Marum, (Erskine 65). Subs not used: Adam Williams, Lambu.