Eastlea needs your vote
A Canning Town secondary school needs your vote today to win �50,000 to help its disabled students have fun with able-bodied pupils.
Eastlea Community School want as many people as possible to call 0871 626 88 47 before midnight tonight to win the ITV1 People’s Millions Fund competition.
You can vote up to ten times from any phone and calls cost 10p from a BT landline but will be more from mobiles and other networks.
A short video about the sensory trail on the school site that it will fund for pupils with profound and multiple learning disabilities within the local community will be shown on ITV regional news between 6pm and 6.30pm that evening.
With the support of able-bodied pupils, the trail will follow a path on which sensory stations are placed at various points where the students can stop and enjoy a sensory garden, disability swing play area, sand, water and games areas.
Each station will be accessed via electric, pedal-driven and hand-propelled tricycles, some of which will carry an able-bodied person as well as a student with disabilities, and it is hoped that this project will encourage able-bodied pupils and students with disabilities to learn, play and have fun together.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 3 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 4 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 5 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 6 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 7 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 8 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 9 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 10 Trust seeks extension to fire safety order after £35m hospital work delay