Eastlea needs your vote
A Canning Town secondary school needs your vote today to win �50,000 to help its disabled students have fun with able-bodied pupils.
Eastlea Community School want as many people as possible to call 0871 626 88 47 before midnight tonight to win the ITV1 People’s Millions Fund competition.
You can vote up to ten times from any phone and calls cost 10p from a BT landline but will be more from mobiles and other networks.
A short video about the sensory trail on the school site that it will fund for pupils with profound and multiple learning disabilities within the local community will be shown on ITV regional news between 6pm and 6.30pm that evening.
With the support of able-bodied pupils, the trail will follow a path on which sensory stations are placed at various points where the students can stop and enjoy a sensory garden, disability swing play area, sand, water and games areas.
You may also want to watch:
Each station will be accessed via electric, pedal-driven and hand-propelled tricycles, some of which will carry an able-bodied person as well as a student with disabilities, and it is hoped that this project will encourage able-bodied pupils and students with disabilities to learn, play and have fun together.
- 1 Letter: Targeted response in London to Indian Covid variant
- 2 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 3 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 7 Commission set up to explore future of special needs provision in Newham
- 8 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 9 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 10 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans