East Village named Development of the Year at property awards
- Credit: Archant
Two years ago it was home to medal-winning athletes, and now East Village has won gold itself as it was named ‘Development of the Year’.
The neighbourhood received the award at the RESI Awards, which celebrate the best in the residential property marked.
East Village opened to residents in November 2013, and since then more than 1500 people have moved in.
The 2,818-home development includes both private and affordable housing owned by Triathlon Homes and Get Living London.
The win was not the only award for the development in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, with it also being crowned ‘Property Newcomer of the Year’.
You may also want to watch:
Derek Gorman, chief executive of Get Living London, said: “From Athletes’ Village to new homes for Londoners - East Village is the first of its kind and we are delighted to be named ‘Development of the Year’ as well as ‘Property Newcomer of the Year’ at this year’s prestigious RESI Awards.
“With hundreds of people living in East Village and more homes now available, the RESI Awards win is a great indicator that we are providing quality housing for Londoners and making a positive impact on the local community.”
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
The neighbourhood has a range of homes from one-bedroom apartments to four-bedroom townhouses, and also features a school, health centre and community facilities.
Elliot Lipton, executive director of Triathlon Homes, said: “This award for Development of the Year is a fantastic honour.
“The quality of the mixed-tenure of homes, excellent landscaping and the community facilities in East Village, not only supports the demand for homes for Londoners but, offers a housing option unrivalled in London.”