East Village named Development of the Year at property awards
- Credit: Archant
Two years ago it was home to medal-winning athletes, and now East Village has won gold itself as it was named ‘Development of the Year’.
The neighbourhood received the award at the RESI Awards, which celebrate the best in the residential property marked.
East Village opened to residents in November 2013, and since then more than 1500 people have moved in.
The 2,818-home development includes both private and affordable housing owned by Triathlon Homes and Get Living London.
The win was not the only award for the development in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, with it also being crowned ‘Property Newcomer of the Year’.
Derek Gorman, chief executive of Get Living London, said: “From Athletes’ Village to new homes for Londoners - East Village is the first of its kind and we are delighted to be named ‘Development of the Year’ as well as ‘Property Newcomer of the Year’ at this year’s prestigious RESI Awards.
“With hundreds of people living in East Village and more homes now available, the RESI Awards win is a great indicator that we are providing quality housing for Londoners and making a positive impact on the local community.”
- 1 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 2 West Ham United 'didn't have any luck' at Forest says Moyes
- 3 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 4 Hard-working Leyton Orient 'nowhere near best' in Mansfield win says Wellens
- 5 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 6 West Ham United fall to Nottingham Forest
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
- 9 London among areas where drought is declared
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
The neighbourhood has a range of homes from one-bedroom apartments to four-bedroom townhouses, and also features a school, health centre and community facilities.
Elliot Lipton, executive director of Triathlon Homes, said: “This award for Development of the Year is a fantastic honour.
“The quality of the mixed-tenure of homes, excellent landscaping and the community facilities in East Village, not only supports the demand for homes for Londoners but, offers a housing option unrivalled in London.”