East Village is best new place to live
- Credit: Archant
A development in Stratford has been named the best new place to live at the London Planning Awards.
East Village, which housed 23,000 athletes and officials during the London 2012 Olympic Games, also won the Mayor’s Award for Planning Excellence.
The neighbourhood of 2,818 homes is positioned next to the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park within 285 hectares of parkland, waterways and nature trails.
Derek Gorman, chief executive of Get Living London, which offers private renting in the village, said: “From Athletes’ Village to new homes for Londoners, East Village is a neighbourhood like no other and we are incredibly proud to be named London’s ‘Best New Place to Live’.
“With hundreds of people living in East Village and more homes now available, these award wins are a huge boost as we continue to create London’s newest neighbourhood.”
You may also want to watch:
The annual London Planning Awards are organised by London First and the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, to recognise and reward best practice in planning in the capital.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 6 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 7 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 10 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation