East Village could be healthiest district with free fitness classes
- Credit: Archant
Residents in East Village could become among the healthiest in London if they take up the offer of a variety of free health and fitness classes.
They range from cycling safaris and reflexology to yoga, boot camp and massage classes.
Fitness classes are taking place in Victory Park in East Village, the former Athletes Village, and are free for anyone in the local area to attend. They provide a great opportunity for people to get to know others in the community, as well as variety of enjoyable ways of keeping fit. There are different classes every day including bootcamp, yoga, buggy fit, cycling safaris and Olympic fitness.
Other activities include Athlefit classes at Victory Park, every Thursday, from 4pm to 5pm.
Our Parks fitness classes will be available every day at Victory Park. For details of times click here
Holistic Treats wellbeing classes will run for six weeks and began on September 2, for residents only at Chandos East Community Hub, between 7pm and 9pm.
Cycling safaris will begin on Sunday September 14 between 10am and 12 noon.
Olaide Oboh at Triathlon Homes said: “We want to highlight the Olympic legacy in action and help East Village become the healthiest district in the capital. These classes are a great way of encouraging people to get fit while getting to know their neighbours at the same time. Our aim is to create a real sense of community. We have a vibrant and varied offer with something to suit everyone – whether it’s buggy fit for mums or Olympic fitness for aspiring young athletes.”
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 6 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 7 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 8 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 9 There With You This Winter: Mayor offers £51m of funding for fuel poverty
- 10 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough