East Thames on the hunt for budding graduates as scheme launches
- Credit: Archant
East Thames is on the hunt for two ambitious and driven youngsters to take part in their graduate programme which launches tomorrow.
Those selected will join the work experience programme in September and will have the chance to work across a range of teams in one of East London’s biggest housing associations.
The scheme provides valuable first-hand experience and runs specialised programmes for graduates looking to start a career in development.
Polyhymnia Bradshaw, 26, is currently taking part in the specialised development graduate scheme, where her degree in Geography and Urban Regional Planning and an MSC in International Town Planning are proving useful.
She said the scheme is very “rewarding” and explained: “You have the opportunity to use your existing skills and contribute to the team effort just as much as a permanent employee.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “I definitely feel like I am receiving good support from other members of my team and it’s great to have the chance to take every training opportunity going.
“If you have a keen interest in something you are encouraged to go further with it.”
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
Polyhymnia has had the opportunity to rotate round several areas within the department including strategy, regeneration and development.
East Thames has been offering the programme for three years in partnership with Tower Hamlets, opening up opportunities right across the business in areas such as procurement and property management.
The closing date for online applications is June 29, 2014.
For more information on how you can apply for the graduate scheme, call 020 8522 2000 or email email@example.com.