East Thames on the hunt for budding graduates as scheme launches
- Credit: Archant
East Thames is on the hunt for two ambitious and driven youngsters to take part in their graduate programme which launches tomorrow.
Those selected will join the work experience programme in September and will have the chance to work across a range of teams in one of East London’s biggest housing associations.
The scheme provides valuable first-hand experience and runs specialised programmes for graduates looking to start a career in development.
Polyhymnia Bradshaw, 26, is currently taking part in the specialised development graduate scheme, where her degree in Geography and Urban Regional Planning and an MSC in International Town Planning are proving useful.
She said the scheme is very “rewarding” and explained: “You have the opportunity to use your existing skills and contribute to the team effort just as much as a permanent employee.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “I definitely feel like I am receiving good support from other members of my team and it’s great to have the chance to take every training opportunity going.
“If you have a keen interest in something you are encouraged to go further with it.”
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 5 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 6 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 7 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 8 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 9 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 10 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
Polyhymnia has had the opportunity to rotate round several areas within the department including strategy, regeneration and development.
East Thames has been offering the programme for three years in partnership with Tower Hamlets, opening up opportunities right across the business in areas such as procurement and property management.
The closing date for online applications is June 29, 2014.
For more information on how you can apply for the graduate scheme, call 020 8522 2000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.